New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New to the Forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 09:26 PM
PalmTrees

Default New to the Forum

Hi I'm Tom, and New as of today to this forum - I have an 05 Windveil Blue s197 coupe I've owned since 07. Bought it outright and new with 4k on the odo- It's been a few years now and I'm ready to throw a little bit more at the car - looking forward to getting ideas and advice as well sharing- I work as a body tech - here is My car as it sits now.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:07 PM
2011V6Nicole
2nd Gear Member

Very nice. What are you planning on adding to it?
Old 02-12-2013, 10:26 PM
PalmTrees

Originally Posted by 2011V6Nicole
Very nice. What are you planning on adding to it?
Right now a few cosmetics and a few bolt on's-

I'm running a Zex wet kit on it at 100hp jetting - diablosport predator - bbk cai - pypes true dual - accell coil, taylor wires, zex plugs - would like to upgrade the rear with a bolt up 8.8 3:73

I completely ripped out the interior shortly after getting the car - did the carbon dash, console put new black carpet, deleted back seat- re-upholstered the seats from grey cloth to black leather - spped of sound cup holder nitrous switches - a lot -

The exterior mods - cervinis hood painted - painted the wheels- splitters - vinyl- louvers - tint - grilles- more than i feel describing - but I'm thinking of adding a chin spoiler to this car and swapping out the louvers for scoops - I picked up a rear window louver recently and am having a hard time deciding whether to paint to match or just leave textured black - abs plastic.

design Ideas I suppose -
Old 02-12-2013, 10:52 PM
2011V6Nicole
2nd Gear Member

Wow thats a lot haha. As for the rear window louver i would leave it black, but that's just me.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:57 PM
PalmTrees

Wow thats a lot haha. As for the rear window louver i would leave it black, but that's just me.
Thanks! It's been an ongoing project since I bought it Like every car I buy lol. The consensus so far is leaning towards leave it black - so I think I'll stick it on and see how it feels for a while - could always paint it later

What do you think keep the side louvers as is? or switch to scoop louvers and lower scoop with the rear window louver being added?
Old 02-12-2013, 11:24 PM
2011V6Nicole
2nd Gear Member

Ehh that's a tough one. You could start with just putting the lower scoop on and seeing how it looks and then if it dosen't look right switch them. In the end its whatever one you like better I think they both would look good.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:36 PM
PalmTrees

Ehh that's a tough one. You could start with just putting the lower scoop on and seeing how it looks and then if it dosen't look right switch them. In the end its whatever one you like better I think they both would look good.
Thanks for the input - noted - slim type scoop like cs special or cdc from door to rear fender roll? it can't be that simple
Old 02-13-2013, 12:03 AM
PalmTrees

wow a lot of users appear to view this forum and this post so far and the response ratio is pretty low. what's up with that?
Old 02-13-2013, 07:03 AM
96t-bird
5th Gear Member

Default New to the forum

Hi, welcome. Nice ride. I also agree in the end its whatever you like best.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:10 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

welcome Tom...check out AmericanMuscle.com for a full line of aftermarket goodies for your car!

Quick Reply: New to the Forum