New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Mustang Owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 02:37 AM
dk1ben

Default New Mustang Owner

Sorry for the double post. Just found this area. So lets try this again;

Hello everyone! Ive been stalking in the background for several months now and with my new purchase decided it was time to join. Thanks for all the helpful insight throughout this sight that helped me decide what to buy.

I picked up my first Mustang on Monday and absolutelly LOVE it! It is a 2005 Mustang GT bone stock. I have not been able to narrow down if it is a delux or premium, but it has leather seats and so on. My last "hotrod" was my Camaro I bought new in 1989, a IROC, which was then sold in 2008 to support my new habbit... making children . After test driving everything from Subaru WRX to Dodge Challengers I kept going back to this GT. She was lightly used from the last owner that bought her new and basically kept her in new condition in the garage outside of sunny Sunday drives. I am very lucky to have been the one to find her. My dealer really came through.

SOOOOO what I plan to do now is modify lightly to get some more performance and sound out of her. Just my first run through my list which I am sure to change later includes axle back Flowmaster Hushpower exhaust, and CAI kit including the tune to wake up the motor. Im thinking the JLT kit from americanmuscle or latemodelrestoration will work nice. I just need to research some more to see which of their tuners is better if in fact it matters. My end result I am aiming for is something simular to what I got when I stage oned my Harley which made the bike a totally differnt animal but nothing crazy.

With what I listed above is just a shot in the dark with browsing here and reading other internet articles. I am new to this mod game since I didn't touch my IROC or any cars before that. I want to put the $ into the car so I am going to do the work myself if I can. My MAIN goal is not to kill the mpg since I do drive this as my primary to work.

Any helpful hints are welcome. Ill update with pics as my project progresses. Again, thanks for all the helpful info already on this site. Its amazing how a simple search will yield results for almost every question I have had to date.

Ben

My Camaro I sold;
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb15/dk1ben/cam3.jpg

And now my Mustang;
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...psf3f8dc06.jpg
Old 03-28-2013, 02:39 AM
dk1ben

Okay I really am not very good at this clearly...

Name:  bens05gt_zpsf3f8dc06.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  70.9 KB

Name:  cam3.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  167.9 KB
Old 03-28-2013, 04:24 AM
Chazman_1962
2nd Gear Member

Welcome, I just got my first Mustang also,
Old 03-28-2013, 07:17 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Welcome to MF!
Old 03-28-2013, 08:25 AM
Jarrod@latemodel
Former Sponsor

Welcome to the forum. Nice looking car. We also offer a discount code if you do end up ordering from us. Check out post #2 in this thread.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/late...-discount.html
Old 03-28-2013, 10:03 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Great looking Mustang! Welcome to the forums and to the Mustang family.

You'll meet a lot of great people and find a ton of awesome reads on this forum. Please let me know if you ever have any questions or need some assistance!

-Dan
Old 03-28-2013, 10:14 AM
BLWN PNY
1st Gear Member

Welcome to MF!
Nice looking pony
Old 03-28-2013, 10:27 AM
bronxbomba63
4th Gear Member

Welcome!! Nice looking ride! You'll get some great tips and ideas from the members in the forum! Enjoy!
Old 03-28-2013, 12:25 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Great to have you, welcome to MF.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:41 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Welcome!

Quick Reply: New Mustang Owner