New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
View Poll Results: What Color Should I Get?
Ruby Red Metallic w/white stripes
27.27%
Oxford White w/Deep Impact Blue stripes
27.27%
Deep Impact Blue w/white stripes
45.45%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Hello from ATX (not an owner yet)

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 05:18 AM
PandaSmuggler
1st Gear Member

Default Hello from ATX (not an owner yet)

Hello everyone! I currently lease a 2013 Hyundai Sonata GLS. I thought I could live with a FWD mid-size sedan with a slushbox, but I'm dying a little on the inside. My new house is set to close on the 29th so once that has been taken of, I will be looking to trade in my Sonata for something a little less drab.

So far I have test driven a Scion FR-S and a Camaro V6. While the FR-S was really fun to drive, I find paying $25k+ for 200hp/151ft-lb torque a bit absurd. I definitely prefer the Camaro, but for whatever reason, it doesn't feel as fast as it should be. I plan to test drive a Mustang V6 to see how it stacks up. Honestly, I'm already a bit biased towards Mustang.

If I do get the Mustang, I plan to get it in either Ruby Red Metallic w/white stripes or Oxford White w/Deep Impact Blue stripes. At first, I really wanted Ruby Red, but after seeing a few pictures, I'm leaning towards the Oxford White w/blue stripes as it gives a "Classic" look. As far as other dealer customizations go, I would like to get the California Special Grille, Body Color Side Mirrors, and GT Spoiler. As far as mods go, honestly I went a little crazy when I owned a Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 R-Spec, so I'm going to tone it down a bit. I will just change out the exhaust and intake.

The only Mustang I've ever owned in the past was a Dark Shadow Gray 2004 Mustang V6. Yes, it was a V6 as well, but I loved that car! At the time, it was my fastest car that I owned so it wasn't a big deal that it was only a 190-hp V6.

So to stop rambling on, I would like to say that I'm happy to be a member and hope to learn a lot and meet new people. Thanks!
Old 07-01-2013, 08:30 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

welcome

The Deep Impact Blue is really nice
Old 07-01-2013, 08:41 AM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

Kind of partial to white with blue stripes myself.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:44 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

welcome.. the new 6er will most def put a smile on your face...
Old 07-01-2013, 09:06 AM
PandaSmuggler
1st Gear Member

Thanks!

I've owned too many blue cars in the past, though I really like the dark blue on this car :P I guess I'll have to see the car in person. Definitely appreciate the opinions
Old 07-02-2013, 09:29 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Welcome
Old 07-03-2013, 06:45 AM
PandaSmuggler
1st Gear Member

So I test drove the V6 yesterday ...oh my god! This thing is a V6?! As soon as I turned the ignition I feel in love. I was surprised how loud this thing was! I think the custom exhaust in my Gencoupe was quieter than this :P It sounds beautiful for a V6. The handling was fantastic. It felt really planted to the road. To me, the Camaro is more of a touring car and the Mustang is more of a sports car. After owning a Sonata, I think I've had all the "touring" that I need in one man's life :P

The wife has greenlighted the Mustang so it comes down to how much I can trade the Sonata in for. So yeah, I'm pretty much sold. Why can't it be the 29th already? :P
Old 07-24-2013, 06:32 AM
95 BLOWN GT
5th Gear Member

welcome good luck
Old 07-24-2013, 07:28 AM
PandaSmuggler
1st Gear Member

Thanks! Counting down the days now and teasing myself with exhaust videos :P
Old 08-18-2013, 08:21 AM
PandaSmuggler
1st Gear Member

So the lender was dragging their feet. I didn't end up closing until after the end of the month. As soon as I closed at 5pm I called up the dealership and signed away

I am now a happy (incredibly happy) owner of 2014 Ford Mustang V6 in Oxford White

I love this car. I miss having a stick, RWD and 300+hp. I ended up just going with a base manual. I didn't want to wait to order one with a Performance Package and they couldn't get me the price I wanted. I have already had a custom axleback installed and will be posting videos shortly.

Here are some crappy cell phone pics (I'll post with my real camera when I've done more mods):

It's been 10 years since my last Mustang and it's great to be back in one again. They're such a great car, especially for the price.

Quick Reply: Hello from ATX (not an owner yet)