New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

FINALLY I GOT IT!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 06:15 PM
greenmeanie

Default FINALLY I GOT IT!!!

I just picked up my base 2014 GT, GHIG,6 Speed...did not even test drive it. I wanted a dodge challenger and after owning a 2012 dodge charger rt I said FORGET THAT!! I had a FWD 09 Chevy Impala ss ( great torque but still had a slush box. I thought..."where can I get a nice throaty v8, stick shift and no electronic nannies...FORD???? Never ever thought I might get a mustang but after 50 miles, lots of thumbs up and a grin that never ends I think I may have made the right choice. Feels good to belong men.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:06 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by greenmeanie
I just picked up my base 2014 GT, GHIG,6 Speed...did not even test drive it. I wanted a dodge challenger and after owning a 2012 dodge charger rt I said FORGET THAT!! I had a FWD 09 Chevy Impala ss ( great torque but still had a slush box. I thought..."where can I get a nice throaty v8, stick shift and no electronic nannies...FORD???? Never ever thought I might get a mustang but after 50 miles, lots of thumbs up and a grin that never ends I think I may have made the right choice. Feels good to belong men.
Pics or it didn't happen!

Just kiddin'. Looking forward to new car pics though.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:39 PM
darkpony04
2nd Gear Member

Congrats!!! Welcome!!
Old 07-30-2013, 10:03 PM
XEDES
2nd Gear Member

Congrats but we need to see some pics!
Old 07-30-2013, 10:07 PM
BairdGT
2nd Gear Member

Congrats! Definitely need some pics & you will have a even bigger grin when you realize you made the right call getting the Mustang and all you see is Challenger headlights in your rear view
Old 07-30-2013, 10:17 PM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

Oh you made the right choice, gets even better once your take those mufflers off and run muffler deletes. CAI and tune really helps a lot too pick up another 30 horses with a nice CAI and tune.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:58 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

welcome to the forums!
Old 07-31-2013, 07:49 AM
greenmeanie

Wow...rough crowd....I love "pics or it didn't happen" . I like the car man!! instant +'s ....beautiful stock exhaust note, nice throttle response, handles pretty weel for a solid rear axle, love the metallic paint!! the MT82 does not seem THAT soft to me ( I did just get out of a '12 Charger RT with a slushbox though. Some "issue" lot sof drivetrain noise ( clunks, thuds,noisy throw out's), went for a ride with the neigh bor and can swear this car was whistling. May have been the AC or a cracked window. QUESTION??? I picked the car up yesterday and before I even started it I saw that the oil level was between ( dead in the middle) between the 2 holes in the dipstick. To me I think I am probably a half quart low...the dealer mech told me I was perfect. I want to top off today and want some idea what oil to put in. I hate mixing oil but I dont want to drive back to the dealer for "Ford" oil...any guesses how low and what brand I should get at advance auto> Thanks guys...seems like a sweet ride.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:20 AM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

The oil level should be between the two. Ford is correct at where it's level should be. The lower hole and upper hole are a quart apart.

Manual says:
•If the oil level is between the lower and upper holes, the oil level
is acceptable. DO NOT ADD OIL.

•If the oil level is below the lower hole, add enough oil to raise the
level within the lower and upper holes.

•Oil levels above the upper hole may cause engine damage. Some oil must be removed from the engine by an authorized dealer

Last edited by DocSnickers; 07-31-2013 at 10:22 AM.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:49 AM
96t-bird
5th Gear Member

Hi, congrats ad welcome.

Quick Reply: FINALLY I GOT IT!!!