New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Which GT Premium should I go with?

Old 12-23-2013, 01:24 PM
glo106

Default Which GT Premium should I go with?

Back in May, I joined this forum and was deciding on whether it was dumb to lease or not. (Ultimately, it would be a bad decision to lease, so I decided then that I would be buying a Mustang after the responses I got). Well, the time has come for me to go shopping for it now and I'm debating between these two models, each at different dealers. Both are GT Premium in Sterling Gray with manual transmission. #1 has the GT track package and the electronics package. #2 has the Brembo brake package, electronics, and security package. Both prices are pretty similar, so I'm not sure which to go for. I'd be happy with either, but is the benefit of the security package enough to outweigh the GT track package? I'm not planning on doing any crazy racing stunts btw . Thanks!
Old 12-23-2013, 05:19 PM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

Get the one with the track package over the security package,
Old 12-23-2013, 05:50 PM
MustangVixenGT
2nd Gear Member

Hard decision really, me I would get the security. Only reason I say that is when I got mine I had already planned on just modding the suspension and what not so.....
Old 12-24-2013, 07:49 AM
96t-bird
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by glo106
Back in May, I joined this forum and was deciding on whether it was dumb to lease or not. (Ultimately, it would be a bad decision to lease, so I decided then that I would be buying a Mustang after the responses I got). Well, the time has come for me to go shopping for it now and I'm debating between these two models, each at different dealers. Both are GT Premium in Sterling Gray with manual transmission. #1 has the GT track package and the electronics package. #2 has the Brembo brake package, electronics, and security package. Both prices are pretty similar, so I'm not sure which to go for. I'd be happy with either, but is the benefit of the security package enough to outweigh the GT track package? I'm not planning on doing any crazy racing stunts btw . Thanks!
Welcome. both good packages. good luck.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:08 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Welcome to MF. Can't go wrong with either I guess. If you get the track pack you can upgrade the security with some great aftermarket stuff. If you get the security package then you can upgrade the car with some awesome aftermarket parts....Win win really....
Old 12-27-2013, 12:30 PM
glo106

Thanks, everyone! I'm gonna go to the dealer that has the track pack today. I guess I'll see which dealer gives me the best offer. Hopefully no one has swooped in and taken either of them yet.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:48 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

welcome
Old 01-02-2014, 05:48 PM
glo106

I made the deal on my new Mustang on Monday and picked it up yesterday. After visiting several dealers, I ended up going with a white GT Premium. The package is also different than the sterling grays listed above. No GT track pack or Brembos on this one, but no biggie. Mine came with the comfort package, rear sensing package, and 19" machined aluminum wheels, and 3.73s. Overall I'm happy with the new purchase. Let's see if the link to a pic from my Google drive works:

Last edited by glo106; 01-02-2014 at 06:22 PM.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:29 PM
jester0618
1st Gear Member

Congrats! The only thing I wish mine had that yours does is the 3.73's. Love the comfort package in the winter!
Old 01-02-2014, 08:38 PM
shaneyusa

Here is info on the components of the Track Pack. Nearly a Boss drive train. Assume setup. Can only get the Torsen anti-slip with the Track Pack. I got one and Love it.

http://dirtyhipporacing.com/2013/02/...ected-by-part-
number/

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Which GT Premium should I go with?