New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Advice please.

Old 05-01-2014, 03:13 PM
avantreese01

Default Advice please.

I'm looking for some advice on my mustang. Just bought a 2005 mustang gt, she's a little long in the tooth at 110k miles, but very well maintained and in very good shape. Thinking about adding a few modifications to the engine and/or transmission. Wanted to find out what kind of mods I can do that won't kill her and might improve performance. Automatic transmission, stock 4.6. I'm not going to be going with forced air. Just a few mods, but like I said, don't want to kill her before her time. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you!
Old 05-01-2014, 05:00 PM
Weather Man
1st Gear Member

Get a CAI, tuner and 4.10 gears. Maybe a set of axlebacks for a little more rumble. I'm sure one of the vendors on here would love to set up a package deal for you.
Old 05-01-2014, 05:17 PM
need4speed
Former Sponsor

Cool

Originally Posted by avantreese01
I'm looking for some advice on my mustang. Just bought a 2005 mustang gt, she's a little long in the tooth at 110k miles, but very well maintained and in very good shape. Thinking about adding a few modifications to the engine and/or transmission. Wanted to find out what kind of mods I can do that won't kill her and might improve performance. Automatic transmission, stock 4.6. I'm not going to be going with forced air. Just a few mods, but like I said, don't want to kill her before her time. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you!
Hey, if you really wanna wake up your car, a freeflowing exhaust system would really wake up your motor. The stock system on your stang may get the job done going from point A to B, but at the end of the day the OEM Exhuast is very restrictive and limits the potential of your motor. Pair the Exhaust system with an intake and throttle body, and your are essentially giving your motor a new set lungs to breath with. Let me know if you have anymore questions. - ADIR HASSID
Old 05-01-2014, 05:55 PM
avantreese01

Originally Posted by Weather Man
Get a CAI, tuner and 4.10 gears. Maybe a set of axlebacks for a little more rumble. I'm sure one of the vendors on here would love to set up a package deal for you.
Thanks! How would I get hooked up with a vendor sir? And what does a tuner do? Any experience with one?
Old 05-01-2014, 05:58 PM
avantreese01

Originally Posted by need4speed
Hey, if you really wanna wake up your car, a freeflowing exhaust system would really wake up your motor. The stock system on your stang may get the job done going from point A to B, but at the end of the day the OEM Exhuast is very restrictive and limits the potential of your motor. Pair the Exhaust system with an intake and throttle body, and your are essentially giving your motor a new set lungs to breath with. Let me know if you have anymore questions. - ADIR HASSID
Cool! Is that something I can do without a torch?
Old 05-01-2014, 07:08 PM
Weather Man
1st Gear Member

Thanks! How would I get hooked up with a vendor sir? And what does a tuner do? Any experience with one?
A tuner allows you run a more aggressive engine control profile.

PM Shane (American Muscle Rep) and let him know what you want to accomplish. He is very knowledgable and a standup guy.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/memb...hanelesky.html
Old 05-02-2014, 06:48 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Welcome and good luck, sounds like the fun is just starting.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:44 PM
need4speed
Former Sponsor

hey bro, tuners basically adjust every engine parameter from spark timing to the air fuel ratio. And lets say you have a bunch of other mods on your car, then that tuner will make sure those mods being used to their fullest extent. Let me know if your interested in prices.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:53 PM
need4speed
Former Sponsor

Cool! Is that something I can do without a torch?
Yes this is something you can do without a torch. our kits are direct bolt ons. They can be installed in your garage with some jackstands and basic tools. Message me for pricing Adir H.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:36 PM
Roystang

Welcome and let us know how its going.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Advice please.