New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Member-Waiting on my Stang

Old 10-19-2005, 02:46 PM
mawhite

Default New Member-Waiting on my Stang

We'll I'm still waiting for my new Mustang. I ordered a 2006 Premium GT with dark blue paint, tan leather, manual transmission & 64W wheels. I was told to expect it in November. It had been on hold for the wheels but now it's back on the schedule. I intend on tinting the windows, adding Lemans type stripes, Lowering it, adding a hood scoop & possibly side scoops & adding cold air induction initially. Can't wait........should be a blast!!! Look forward to future contacts with you enthuisasts soon.
Old 10-19-2005, 05:06 PM
v8stang05
4th Gear Member

Default RE: New Member-Waiting on my Stang

welcome and congrats on the new stang, post pics when you get it!
Old 10-20-2005, 03:41 AM
Kriger
2nd Gear Member

The wait has gotta suck,

Short story

7/1/05: Somewhere in PA : I applied for ford credit online one afternoon, when finished filling everything out I clicked the send button. "CLICK" and their server was down for maintenance and booted me back to the ford site as I lost all my info I had just took ten minutes to enter in. Man, was I pissed... so pissed I said to the wife com'on I wanna stop before going into work and look. Within 30mins we were on a lot talking about if we'd like the coupe or vert, v6 or v8... we agreed the v6 would be better for fuel and tickets. So outcomes a cocky salemans that gave the vibes like I was a waste of his time. Must have been becuase I was in my dirty rundown work pants and a ripped up shirt.. After I talked to the dork, who didn't even give me his card. I was starting to run late for work. Their was one more dealer on the way. We arrived and looked around to find NO 05' mustangs. Oh well, lets just go to work i guess. As I was getting in the car this voice from above " excuse me sir" who me in these ripped up threads"may I help you, you look like you couldn't find something" Yes i said, You don't have any new 05 mustangs... "why yes we do he said theres one in the back that just came off the truck thats still in plastic, what are you looking for?"

I explained to him, it's got to be a v6.. He replied "it is" Well, I'd like a automatic, With joy he confirmed "it is" I then told him of our current debate of either a coupe or a vert but we are leaning away from the vert due to the winter months and harsh conditions. "well it's a vert but do you wanna have a look anyway" he explained. " I was running late by this point and said, I dont have alot of time, "it'll only take a seconds for me to show the car" he assured. My wife said go ahead and look... As i jumped on the golf cart to ride around back I said for it to be a vert it'll have to be pretty badass. He just smiled... As we turn the corner I felt that "uuuhhh-ohhhhhhh" feeling coming over my insides. as I said, well thats badass as I started shaking my head... He looked at me and said "whats wrong" I told him things are about to get ugly.... He said "well you gotta sit in it" I'm running late I restated, he said "are you sure........................sir? I heard him but couldn't respond, the images of driving the car all over the place with the top down had rendered me speechless. "sir........ what would you like to do" he asked... In a dazed look I said, I'd like to buy it. He said laughing a little do you want to sit in... I said, NO, I'm running late... Then I asked, what do you need to start the paper work... shocked he said "your serious? but don't you wanna sit in it." OK hurry up I gotta get going soon I explained... He ran and got the keys and left me sit in it... Ok, I'll take it after about 3 secs of sitting in it... Shocked again he asks "don't you wanna at least look at the sticker price and options" I reassured that he said it was loaded as he confirmed.. I said then lets get you started on the paperwork before I"m late for work. He asked "can you be back in the morning," (Saturday morning of the 4th of july weekend) "when the dealer opens we'll go for a test drive and work the numbers on the trade and pricing. OK...

That saturday afternoon within 24hrs of seeing her for the first time I pulled away off the dealer lot with the top down and the radio cranked. It's been a fun summer,we took her to the outbanks on vacation... I wouldn't change a thing... I've never been this happy about spending 30k...

oh! and about the wait, that friday night I couldn't sleep a wink....

Old 10-20-2005, 11:57 PM
mawhite

Thanks, I absolutely will.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:20 AM
mawhite

Great story, your right, the wait does suck. Many a sleepless night. We'll if nothing else being patient is saving me money. I was able to get my GT for only $26,800 pretty we'll loaded. I wanted the hard top & manual transmission & I think I can live with a 500 watt stereo instead of the 1000 watt Shaker and losing a third of my trunk but I got everything else. Side air bags, 18 in wheels, wheel locks etc. Didn't want a convertible because I love the fastback too much. I had a 67 Mustang Coupe when I lived in California, I live in Maryland now, with a 289 & a 3 speed. I did a bit of engine work to it probably close to 300 HP & put a Borg Warner T10 Top loader 4 speed in it. I sold it in 1979 but to this day it remains my favorite car. I haven't even driven the new Mustang yet but I'm sure it will be even more fun. I figure it will just make the wait even tougher if I've already driven one. Can't wait for that call from my salesman with my vin number!!!
Old 10-21-2005, 12:25 AM
mawhite

By the way. We go to somewhere between Duck & Naggs Head every year for vacation.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:49 AM
babygurl2000
I ♥ Acer

sweet
post pics when you get the 06 ok?
Old 10-21-2005, 09:18 PM
mawhite

I promise!
Old 10-22-2005, 03:46 PM
GMZMcCormick

Welcome from us in NC
Old 10-22-2005, 07:00 PM
mawhite

Thank you! Just got the call!!!!!! There making my car October 24th!!!! Should have it in 2 weeks or less!!!!! Yahoo!!!!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Member-Waiting on my Stang