New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

2015 V6 or Ecoboost? Advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 08:12 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AtlDesigns
They are basically reusing the same V6 engine in the 2015 that they have in yours correct? If so then it wouldn't too much longer that I will start seeing more mods and accessories for it then. Right now I see more for the Ecoboost.
It's the exact same 3.7LT V6. Ford cut the redline on the 2015s by 500RPMs to make sure the Ecoboost had a small horsepower advantage. Don't really think you can go wrong with either the 4 banger or the V6. The entry Level Mustangs are real good cars now a days.
Old 06-05-2015, 08:40 PM
AtlDesigns

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
Don't really think you can go wrong with either the 4 banger or the V6. The entry Level Mustangs are real good cars now a days.
Yeah they are. The "base" models are anything but stripped down. I test drove a base Camaro and it was totally stripped of any goodies. The interior was boring and they nickel and dimmed you for every little feature that came standard in the Mustang.

I was poking around here to see if anyone started a thread on mods for their '15 v6 but could not find one. I would be interested to know what people are doing and what kinds of gains they are getting out of it.
Old 06-05-2015, 09:00 PM
Linac

After reading your comments and talking to others I am really torn. I have always second guessed all my purchases no matter how much research I did before hand. I do this with TVs, game consoles, computers..
Hey man, either way you end up with a brand new Mustang, so it's either win or win! Go enjoy the test drives, let us know what you think of the two engine options, 'cause we're all curious about that.
Old 06-06-2015, 07:36 PM
AtlDesigns

So I test drove both the V6 and Ecoboost today and gotta say I surprised myself. I think I am going to go with the Ecoboost.

I started with the V6 first. On startup it sounded great, nice deep rumble from the V6 as I expected. Might even been a little deeper then what I hoped for. We took it out on the road and then onto the highway and it had good power and nice throttle response.

Then I got into the Ecoboost. Now this was the premium, not the base model, so visually it was no competition. But even on the base Eco there is some nicer feature that are not on the V6 that I got to enjoy.

After I got in and settled down from looking at the premium interior I started it up. And that's when I had to ask myself if I could tell the difference in engine noise. I really couldn't. Maybe there was a slight difference, but I would have had to get back in the 6 to be sure. I played around with some of the extra features and finally got it out onto the road and that's when I could tell this was a different car all together. The low end torque is really noticeable on this car and even at highway speeds you can feel it when accelerating.

After talking to the salesmen for a little I think this is what I am going to go with. I have a few weeks before I can make the purchase so I have him hunting me down a white, manual, base ecoboost with upgraded wheels. Let's see if he can deliver!

Left: Ecoboost Premium Right: Base V6
Old 06-18-2015, 11:54 AM
AtlDesigns

So I am now a proud owner of a 2015 Ecoboost. Thank you everyone on this thread for your input and suggestions. I pick her up tomorrow morning. I feel like a kid waiting on Christmas morning. This day could not go any slower.

Old 06-18-2015, 12:01 PM
ucinn
3rd Gear Member

So I am now a proud owner of a 2015 Ecoboost. Thank you everyone on this thread for your input and suggestions. I pick her up tomorrow morning. I feel like a kid waiting on Christmas morning. This day could not go any slower.

I have a few weeks before I can make the purchase so I have him hunting me down a white, manual, base ecoboost with upgraded wheels

Change of mind?
Old 06-18-2015, 12:14 PM
AtlDesigns

Originally Posted by ucinn
Change of mind?
Ha. Could not find a White one in my price point. I had a dealership look for me and all of the out of state dealers did not want to do a dealer trade. They all ignored the calls from the dealership. I thought about driving out to one that had a Guard Green one but if they did not come up with the price I wanted on my trade or the car then I'd be stuck with a 4 hour drive and nothing to show.

Also, I had a black 99 mustang and a black Camaro so I figured why not. The only colors I absolutely did not want was the race red and yellow. I love black cars and wanted to look for something different but finding a base Eco, with upgraded wheels and a manual limited my search. The manual was keeping my field narrow.
Old 06-18-2015, 12:18 PM
ucinn
3rd Gear Member

I think it's an awesome looking car... I have a black one too which was my second choice, but they are hard to find used in grabber blue and got a great deal on the black one that I couldn't pass up. Congrats!!
Old 06-18-2015, 12:22 PM
AtlDesigns

Originally Posted by ucinn
I think it's an awesome looking car... I have a black one too which was my second choice, but they are hard to find used in grabber blue and got a great deal on the black one that I couldn't pass up. Congrats!!
Same here, the deal they gave me was great. I think I might have been able to get them down another few hundred but wasn't worth the hassle. Black was my fall back color behind white and the dark grey. And with my low price point people were snatching these up so I just grew impatient waiting on a white to show up and made the deal. Pick up the keys (if that even applies anymore) tomorrow morning then I go on a 4hr road trip.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:26 PM
Linac

Hey congrats! Keep us posted on any mods.

Quick Reply: 2015 V6 or Ecoboost? Advice