New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Manufacturer buyback/lemon title

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 06:23 PM
mydniteghost

Default Manufacturer buyback/lemon title

Hello all. I am new to the forums and I need some help/advice. I am looking into buying a 2014 Mustang Gt Premium from a dealership in Missouri. It has everything that I want on it but there is one problem. When I was checking the auto check and car fax it stated that this car was a manufacturer buyback/lemon title car. When I asked the dealership about this the salesman said that it was because the customer wasn't happy with the paint on the car. So the reason the car is dubbed a lemon was for the fit and finish of the car. My question is has anyone heard of a car being reported as a lemon because of fit and finish/paint job and does this sound legit?
I love the car i'm just a little scared to pull the trigger on it until I can get some concrete answers. Thanks all I appreciate any help.
Old 06-05-2015, 06:31 PM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mydniteghost
Hello all. I am new to the forums and I need some help/advice. I am looking into buying a 2014 Mustang Gt Premium from a dealership in Missouri. It has everything that I want on it but there is one problem. When I was checking the auto check and car fax it stated that this car was a manufacturer buyback/lemon title car. When I asked the dealership about this the salesman said that it was because the customer wasn't happy with the paint on the car. So the reason the car is dubbed a lemon was for the fit and finish of the car. My question is has anyone heard of a car being reported as a lemon because of fit and finish/paint job and does this sound legit?
I love the car i'm just a little scared to pull the trigger on it until I can get some concrete answers. Thanks all I appreciate any help.
Damn sales people, yes do a little more detective work-- Good luck with your buy
Old 06-05-2015, 06:38 PM
mydniteghost

Also the car is practically brand new it only has 1400 miles on it and still has the full manufacturer warranty. They also said they have all of the paperwork on it as well.
Old 06-05-2015, 06:38 PM
mydniteghost

Thanks Chooper.