New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New from Pittsburgh

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 09:49 PM
chain

Default New from Pittsburgh

Hello everyone, Roger here, 35 years old, Army Vet, car guy. Been a Pontiac guy for a while but thinking about a new Mustang. Right now a have a '67 GTO and an '09 Solstice GXP coupe (hardtop version, pretty rare). As much as I love it, the Solstice is on the market and I plan to replace it. I should've bought it in a stick (got an auto so wife could drive it and she doesn't drive it anyways) and I will never buy a black car again. Absolutely beautiful when she's clean, but so SO hard to keep it that way.

I could get another Solstice coupe, love the car. Downside is support will be harder and harder to get as time goes on and a much smaller aftermarket. Also with the coupe specific parts and so few being made, probably very hard to replace certain things. Tail light housings, top, back and side glass, etc. Another option is a 2000-2002 Trans AM WS6. Better support but aged in certain aspects. I don't care for the new Camaro's and Chrysler doesn't have a great reputation in regards to reliability lately.

Mustang surprisingly has been on my brain lately and I am looking at possibly getting one. I never thought those words would come out of my mouth but they did. I have generally not been a Mustang fan. Nothing to do with the car so to say, but the fact that it is the most prolific sports car around. I like having something different, and the Mustang is anything but. They are everywhere! That being said I am thinking maybe I need to change my thought process on this. While I like having a car that is different, that also comes with a cost. Less support, smaller aftermarket, higher costs to repair are things that generally come with a more unique car. Having such a popular car seems like it would have it's perks. The Mustang will always have support, a huge aftermarket, and presumably lower repair costs due to parts being easier to get. With the aftermarket I can make it my own to a point anyways. On top of that I think the new Mustang is a beautiful car.

This is what brings me here. Do some research to make a more informed decision about a possible purchase. See what people like and don't like about the new Mustang. While there are other cars on my list, the Mustang is the main one I've been thinking about. I would probably be going after a GT premium but I will say there is a 2012 Boss 302 at my local dealership that I've been eyeballing as well. Nice but I have to remind myself support won't be as easy with it and I wouldn't want to do much to it. The Boss is probably best left as is, the GT would be a good car to play with. Anyways I know that was long winded but here I am. Hi!!!

Pictures of my current toys....

Name:  IMAG1337_zps610dtmxn.jpg
Views: 4190
Size:  209.9 KB

Name:  SolsticeDrags_zpsb5159275.jpg
Views: 4176
Size:  87.9 KB

Name:  20150731_151710_zpsje2i5gdk.jpg
Views: 4127
Size:  134.8 KB
Old 08-16-2015, 11:39 PM
Carolina Man
3rd Gear Member

Welcome
Old 08-17-2015, 07:02 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Welcome, love your Goat. And good luck in your decision. Sorry I can't help as the newer Mustangs aren't my thing...........yet.
Old 08-17-2015, 07:35 AM
dragman72
2nd Gear Member

Welcome, I live just outside Pittsburgh

If your thinking new mustang it will only take one trip to drive one and you will be hooked.
Old 08-17-2015, 07:55 AM
chain

I drove a 2015 as a rental a few months back for a week in Houston. It was a brand new Eco-Boost premium. Not enough power but the car itself was great. Looked good, drove well, and interior is very nice and comfortable. That rental is what got me thinking about them in the first place.
Old 08-17-2015, 07:56 AM
chain

Also thanks for the welcomes. =)
Old 08-17-2015, 08:52 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Welcome!