MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   New Member Area (https://mustangforums.com/forum/new-member-area-11/)
-   -   New guy here from SE Michigan (https://mustangforums.com/forum/new-member-area/721563-new-guy-here-from-se-michigan.html)

movielover40 08-27-2015 01:39 PM

New guy here from SE Michigan

First post here.

Not far from the Flat Rock plant where they build the cars.

Me and Mustangs go way back. My dad worked for Fords and always had them around. My older sister had a 1965 Mustang with a straight 6 and cruise-o-matic I learned to drive on before I turned 16. We had that car in my family for years.

My first Mustang was a 1971 Boss 351 Mustang. Car was a pain to change spark plugs in and they needed changing often!!! I had one old mechanic (dad's friend) who kept that car running great with tune-ups. He knew that dual-point distributor like no other. Mine was fully loaded with power windows, factory 8-track player. Rear seat fold down. Spoiler. Beautiful blue with silver striping. That car had parking lights all over and looked awesome at night time. The seats were 2 tone vinyl. Great sounding exhaust system. Finally sold the car when the engine needed rebuilding. Who knew back then these cars would be worth so much money. Car was terrible on gas. With that 3:91 rear end the motor was revving just driving 60mph. Best part about that car was sitting so low in the bucket seats.

Flash forward to 2004 when the Fifth generation debuted. I had to have one and wound up searching all the Ford dealers in my area on the internet and wound up buying the one I was looking at sight unseen. Easiest commission that salesmen ever had. Luckily I had my dads Ford Employee Discount. Wound up with a V-6 Mustang Premium with leather, Shaker 500 stereo, and most important it had anti-lock brakes. Still have the car today with 95,000 miles. It is now my work car.

Then last year my wife wanted a new one so we purchased a 2014 that was pretty much same car only it now has heated leather seats, remote start, and a backup camera. She didn't want to wait around for new version that came out this year. This car is so much quieter than the 2005. Rides so much better with more power, super gas mileage with 6 speed automatic. We got updated 18" chrome rims with it also. We had to special order the car because my wife wanted the back up camera. Must say we didn't wait long for the car to be made.

Both cars are race red.

Looking forward to talking with others here.

Urambo Tauro 08-27-2015 02:18 PM

Welcome to the forums! Got any special plans for your ponies?

88 orangepeel notch 08-27-2015 02:25 PM

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you. Congrats on your 2 Mustangs.

movielover40 08-27-2015 03:15 PM

No plans. Both are stock with K & N air filter only change.

Carolina Man 08-27-2015 05:35 PM

Welcome

JimC 08-27-2015 10:13 PM

Welcome to the forum I was down your way today. I had an appointment in Monroe, so a nice little 2 hour drive from Port Huron to get to a 9 a.m. meeting