94 5.0 doggy bottom end - MustangForums.com

Go Back  MustangForums.com > General Mustang Forums > New Member Area
Reload this Page >

94 5.0 doggy bottom end

Notices
New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

94 5.0 doggy bottom end

Old 11-01-2015, 11:22 PM
  #1  
Jly154
1st Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 123
Default 94 5.0 doggy bottom end

Hey guys so I just picked up a 94 gt it's got BBK headers Mac pro chamber flow masters lowered 2" 70 mm BBK throttle body cold air intake MSD coil cap rotor and distributor adjustable struts and SCT 3 stage chip. But has stock intake could that be choking it out and losing bottom end power? It just seems really doggy till I get up to about 35 any help is appreciated thanks guys
Jly154 is offline  
Old 11-01-2015, 11:26 PM
  #2  
jwog666
5th Gear Member
 
jwog666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 2,260
Default

what is the rear gear ratio? all those bolt ons and no gears will feel like a stock car. remember, these were 220hp at best with bolt ons so dont expect much without spending major money
jwog666 is offline  
Old 11-01-2015, 11:51 PM
  #3  
Jly154
1st Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 123
Default

Originally Posted by jwog666 View Post
what is the rear gear ratio? all those bolt ons and no gears will feel like a stock car. remember, these were 220hp at best with bolt ons so dont expect much without spending major money
I'm not sure what they are for sure I haven't had the chance to look yet that was the second thing on my list was 3.73 gears but I planned on either putting her on the juice or snail and someone told me that if I was going to do that I'd be better off going with 3.08 gears what would you recommend for gears on juice or snail
Jly154 is offline  
Old 11-02-2015, 07:56 AM
  #4  
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member
 
88 orangepeel notch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 5,062
Default

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your '94.

If your cars an Automatic, go with 3:73 - 4:10

Manual, 3:55 - 3:73

This is just my opinion, and you'll get alot of different views on this, but I'm assuming this is a street car, and is probably going to stay that for now.


Edit: What's snail ???
88 orangepeel notch is offline  
Old 11-02-2015, 09:44 AM
  #5  
jwog666
5th Gear Member
 
jwog666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 2,260
Default

i have around 400 hp and 450 tq at the rear wheels, and 3.73 seems to be great for my setup. since you wont have that much power without a complete engine build i would steer to the 3.73, they seem to be a good all around gear, good low end torque, and not too high of a cruising rpm.

my guess snail is turbo or centri supercharger?
jwog666 is offline  
Old 11-02-2015, 10:02 AM
  #6  
Urambo Tauro
3rd Gear Member
 
Urambo Tauro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 872
Default

Yup. Forced induction.
Urambo Tauro is offline  
Old 11-02-2015, 10:23 AM
  #7  
Carolina Man
3rd Gear Member
 
Carolina Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 699
Default

Welcome
Carolina Man is offline  
Old 11-03-2015, 06:41 PM
  #8  
Jly154
1st Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 123
Default

Originally Posted by 88 orangepeel notch View Post
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your '94.

If your cars an Automatic, go with 3:73 - 4:10

Manual, 3:55 - 3:73

This is just my opinion, and you'll get alot of different views on this, but I'm assuming this is a street car, and is probably going to stay that for now.


Edit: What's snail ???
Unfortunately she an auto and I appreciate your input I read on other forums that a lot of guys have really good luck with the 3.73 it'll remain a street car I just want some extra power to play around with possibly some day get to a track (closest one is like 3 1/2 hours away) and snail is turbo lol
Jly154 is offline  
Old 11-03-2015, 06:52 PM
  #9  
Jly154
1st Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 123
Default

Originally Posted by jwog666 View Post
i have around 400 hp and 450 tq at the rear wheels, and 3.73 seems to be great for my setup. since you wont have that much power without a complete engine build i would steer to the 3.73, they seem to be a good all around gear, good low end torque, and not too high of a cruising rpm.

my guess snail is turbo or centri supercharger?
Ok cool I appreciate your input I don't plan on building a monster lol I just want a toy on weekends and stuff
Jly154 is offline  
Old 11-03-2015, 10:40 PM
  #10  
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member
 
Soldier GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: MO/ Born and raised in Louisiana
Posts: 10,696
Default

Welcome! Keep us posted!
Soldier GT is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 94 5.0 doggy bottom end


Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.