New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

2011 GT out of control when getting on it

Old 12-14-2015, 01:01 AM
parkermrk

Default 2011 GT out of control when getting on it

i posted this question on another forum and smart *** comments seemed to be the general answers I got except for one guy so I'll try this one. I have a 2011 GT that is pretty much stock. I have custom staggered 18" wheels and lowered the rear with roush springs to level the stance. Problem I'm having is when I get on it the rear of the car shifts to the right which causes me to have to turn to the right to keep the car between the lines. When I let up to grab another gear I have to turn the car again to keep the car from going back to the right. It's a dance that takes place thru all gears. What do I need to do to the rear end to stop this shifting around?
Old 12-14-2015, 07:45 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum.

I'm not familiar with the newer Mustangs, but if you don't get any good help here, I'd start a new thread in the Tech Section. That's where these things get figured out, this section is just for New Member intos.

Have you had the car up on a lift, looking for worn, broken bushings, or anything that would allow the rear axle to shift under load ?
Old 12-14-2015, 07:49 AM
JimC

Welcome. Other than the springs, have you done anything else?
Old 12-14-2015, 05:49 PM
parkermrk

No other mods except the lowering springs and custom wheels and tires. I did have one guy on the other forum that was pretty nice and knowledgeable. He said that if I lowered the car I should have probably changed the pan hard bar because it may have changed the position of the rear axle. I'll do some measuring to see if it's still centered. He also said lowering it may be causing the axle to hit the bump stops under a load which may be causing a loss of traction on the side that's hitting the bump stop or my LRCA bushings may be flexing which would cause a shift in the rear end. Does any of that sound right? I'll check the bump stops and see if I can tell if they've been hitting. May have to buy a different set. Thanks for all the help.
Old 12-15-2015, 09:27 AM
Rob@Evolution
Former Sponsor

Sounds to me that a pan hard bar along with an adjustable UCA may be needed. With the drop you changed your pinion angle witch could be the one of the causes of your car going all crazy. I would start there and you will see how much better she will get.

Last edited by Rob@Evolution; 12-16-2015 at 12:03 PM.
Old 12-15-2015, 10:47 AM
jrolivo

I used to have that problem, started to straighten out after the adjustable Panhard bar, but already had the rear LCA's, & the rear LCA relocation bracket. Good luck, let us know how it works out!
Old 12-15-2015, 11:20 PM
parkermrk

Where would be a good site to order these parts from? I'm thinking I've found the correct forum for me. Thanks.
Old 12-16-2015, 12:02 PM
Rob@Evolution
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by parkermrk
Where would be a good site to order these parts from? I'm thinking I've found the correct forum for me. Thanks.

We offer everything you need for your car. We also run 5% off all orders along with free shipping for members of this forum. Please feel free to give me a call with any questions that you may have or to place an order.
Old 12-16-2015, 01:22 PM
jrolivo

X American muscle, CJ pony parts, are huge, price shop but figure out what you want to go with first, then price shop is what I'd suggest. Depending on where you're at, might just want to go through a shop if you're not comfortable with doing it yourself.
Good luck!
Old 12-16-2015, 01:31 PM
jrolivo

Hypermotive was another great resource

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2011 GT out of control when getting on it