MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   New Member Area (https://mustangforums.com/forum/new-member-area-11/)
-   -   New to Forums (https://mustangforums.com/forum/new-member-area/724704-new-to-forums.html)

ckelly78z 03-13-2016 01:53 PM

New to Forums

I just picked up a triple black 2004 Mustang GT convertible about 2 hours drive from my house. I traded the guy a 1995 Saturn SL2 and $1000 for the Mustang he wanted $3000 for.

It made it home just fine, ran really smooth with 140,000 miles on it and obviously has been neglected for awhile. It took my 17 year old son and I 3 hours just to clean the interior to the point I wasn't repulsed. There was so much junk, trash, food bits, muddy and graesy child prints, and smeared in mystery substances, I went through half a roll of paper towels, cleaner, and armorall. The interior turned out pretty nice under all that stuff, black leather, power seats with no rips or wear. It has the Mach 460 sound system speakers, but has some junk Clarion Bluetooth stereo head.

The driver's door needs readjusting to fit, and close properly, it has 4 different brands and ages of tires on it and are all almost bald. The front brakes are grinding a bit, and there is a rusty scratch/scuff over the RR wheel well, Other than these issues, the car cleaned up nicely, everything electric works properly, the A/C blows cold air.

Call it a project car, that will probably end up replacing my sweet 1986 Porsche 944 N/A as a good weather daily driver (I drive a 99 4x4 powerstroke as my wet weather DD).

I'm looking at General G-Max tires for all 4 corners, and looking on Ebay at crossdrilled/slotted stock replacement rotors and pads for the bad brakes. At some point, I will probably start modding it up a bit, and make a few trips to Norwalk Ohio (Summit Motorsports Park) for Friday night "test-n-tune".

ucinn 03-13-2016 02:41 PM

Congrats on the new ride.

88 orangepeel notch 03-14-2016 10:07 AM

Welcome to the forum, congratulations on your '04.

Fyrhog 03-14-2016 11:10 AM

Hi Guys and Gals,,new here,,Ron

movielover40 03-14-2016 03:38 PM

Welcome aboard.

Amazes me how some people treat their cars.

Fyrhog 03-14-2016 03:57 PM

This is a driver,,,my other car is a trailer Queen.

Soldier GT 03-14-2016 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by ckelly78z (Post 8534187)
I just picked up a triple black 2004 Mustang GT convertible about 2 hours drive from my house. I traded the guy a 1995 Saturn SL2 and $1000 for the Mustang he wanted $3000 for.

It made it home just fine, ran really smooth with 140,000 miles on it and obviously has been neglected for awhile. It took my 17 year old son and I 3 hours just to clean the interior to the point I wasn't repulsed. There was so much junk, trash, food bits, muddy and graesy child prints, and smeared in mystery substances, I went through half a roll of paper towels, cleaner, and armorall. The interior turned out pretty nice under all that stuff, black leather, power seats with no rips or wear. It has the Mach 460 sound system speakers, but has some junk Clarion Bluetooth stereo head.

The driver's door needs readjusting to fit, and close properly, it has 4 different brands and ages of tires on it and are all almost bald. The front brakes are grinding a bit, and there is a rusty scratch/scuff over the RR wheel well, Other than these issues, the car cleaned up nicely, everything electric works properly, the A/C blows cold air.

Call it a project car, that will probably end up replacing my sweet 1986 Porsche 944 N/A as a good weather daily driver (I drive a 99 4x4 powerstroke as my wet weather DD).

I'm looking at General G-Max tires for all 4 corners, and looking on Ebay at crossdrilled/slotted stock replacement rotors and pads for the bad brakes. At some point, I will probably start modding it up a bit, and make a few trips to Norwalk Ohio (Summit Motorsports Park) for Friday night "test-n-tune".

Welcome to the forums! Any before and after pics?

Ed144 04-26-2016 06:53 PM

Congratulations on rescuing a fine pony!

You are a true humanitarian!
��