MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   New Member Area (https://mustangforums.com/forum/new-member-area-11/)
-   -   Just bought a 2016 ecoboost! (https://mustangforums.com/forum/new-member-area/725015-just-bought-a-2016-ecoboost.html)

Derek Jenkins 03-30-2016 06:21 PM

Just bought a 2016 ecoboost!

Hey guys/gals,

I just recently purchased a 2016 Ecoboost in Magnetic(not sure if its magnetic grey, metallic, black... different places refer to it differently.) and after 48 hours, i'm having a blast.

I'm sure there are some awesome threads out there, and I will eventually get to searching through them all.

If anyone has any tips/tricks/advice for me(links to threads work, too) that'd be awesome if you could share!

A little about me,

I live on a dirt road so I will either A) have a dirty car all the time or B) need to purchase a cover. I'm skeptical about a cover though because it's pretty impossible to avoid getting a fine layer of dirt on the car just from driving down the road to my driveway and I wouldnt want the cover to scratch the paint. My dealer did talk me into a Zurich(i think thats what it was called) Shield, though. So that may help.

I'm interested in lightly modding the car. I would like a tune, exhaust, intake, and possible a few other things. I've never done any performance mods to my cars, only cosmetic, so I'm not very knowledgeable in this area. Any tips here would be GREATLY appreciated.

I really like the cars stock appearance, so my mods here will be very light as well. Maybe some darker head/tail lights, blacked out emblems, tinted windows, I saw some Louvers i wouldnt mind getting in the future, as well as a quarter window scoop.

In total, I'm not trying to spend more than 3k on the mods.

I'll wrap it up here, Thanks for reading.

I look forward to learning from you all.

-Derek

Soldier GT 03-30-2016 07:16 PM

Congrats!

mrblanche 03-31-2016 04:38 AM

You need to install a sprinkler at the end of your road, so you can drive through that when you leave home and rinse off the newest dust. Our "new" "country estate" (doesn't that sound posh?) is on a dirt road, so I'm not looking forward to that problem.

movielover40 03-31-2016 10:44 AM

Congrats on beautiful car!!

Enjoy...

Granatelli Sales 03-31-2016 11:36 AM

Congratulations!

Derek Jenkins 03-31-2016 09:00 PM

Thanks, guys!

Derek Jenkins 03-31-2016 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by mrblanche (Post 8537146)
You need to install a sprinkler at the end of your road, so you can drive through that when you leave home and rinse off the newest dust. Our "new" "country estate" (doesn't that sound posh?) is on a dirt road, so I'm not looking forward to that problem.

haha good idea. wish it were that simple.

88 orangepeel notch 04-01-2016 06:49 AM

Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on the new pony. Enjoy....

96t-bird 04-05-2016 08:11 AM

Welcome, and congrats.

mjb457 04-07-2016 12:37 PM

Derek: Congrats!! Like it!! Automatic or stick? What finally made you decide on the ecoboost over V6? Will it run or regular gas? Enjoy it!!!