New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

'16 GT Fastback Ordered, waiting :-( Need Knowledge - Aftermkt Parts

Old 04-20-2016, 05:54 PM
kennyb310

Thumbs up '16 GT Fastback Ordered, waiting :-( Need Knowledge - Aftermkt Parts

Hi all,

Pretty stoked to join this forum and join such a great community! Honestly, I'm a happy guy to be fortunate enough to fulfill dream of owning a 5.0. About a week ago I put some cash down on a special order '16 GT fastback with the gt performance pack in Guard Metallic, cloth Recaro interior. I was told 6/8 weeks for the wait, but hoping to be pleased with an early delivery.

I would love some opinions, if you have any to lend?...I'm hoping more direction than opinion...

Thus far, on the day of delivery, after I pay the man! The car will be rolled into the dealer's service area to install:

- GT350 steering wheel
- drop in k&n air filter
- roush axle back exhaust

I would also like to pursue adding to that installation list, assuming none void any warranties. I was told the above would not. I'd like to lower the car, I looked at getting the Ford Performance street springs, which would drop it an inch on every corner. I had recently watched a review on the GT by 'The Smoking Tire' and they suggested getting springs and dampers?

I am certain that I'd like the street springs to lower the stance the firm up the ride...but would any other suspension upgrade be merited with what is already provided in the gt performance pack?

Thanks for any time you have to help me out.

Again, happy to be here,
Kenny
Old 04-20-2016, 09:29 PM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

The performance pack is supposed to be lowered one inch already according to the Ford Racing tech I spoke with because I got their street pack for my automatic which lowered my car from stock and it is supposed to be the same suspension as on the performance pack. I would wait and see how your car looks first. If it is not as low as you like, then get the street springs from Ford Racing.
Old 04-20-2016, 09:39 PM
kennyb310

Hey man thanks for the reply! Ok yes that sounds like a much better plan! I've also decided to use the stock air intake for now but have the dealer install the roush axle back and gt350 wheel. A friend suggested against the k&n filter vs oem. Have any thoughts? And ty ty I am super excited just mad at time right now.
Old 04-20-2016, 09:43 PM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

You won't really see any performance gain with the K&N filter and then you have the hassle of cleaning it and re-oiling it with just the right amount of oil. They are just not all they are cracked up to be anymore IMO.
Old 04-20-2016, 10:13 PM
kennyb310

Yeah it's become a return item at this point! The car was ordered 10 days ago, I really can't wait...thanks for your time!!
Old 04-21-2016, 07:17 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum, congrats on your '16.
Old 04-21-2016, 08:42 AM
potman
3rd Gear Member

Aren't they all "fastbacks"?

Congrats on the new ride.
Old 04-21-2016, 08:54 AM
jcieutat
2nd Gear Member

I bought mine last night. This is my third Mustang GT (2010 and 2012). I changed out the suspension on my previous two to get rid of the rear wheel gap. The stance on this one looks awesome and in my opinion doesn't need adjusting.
Old 04-25-2016, 09:58 PM
kennyb310

Thanks 88 orange peel, I'm super excited just taking the wait like sobriety, day by day! I'll post some pics once I take delivery, which should be first week of June!!
Old 04-25-2016, 10:01 PM
kennyb310

Hey potman they are but I believe the GT is referenced as either the Fastback or Premium, but you're correct they are both fastbacks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: '16 GT Fastback Ordered, waiting :-( Need Knowledge - Aftermkt Parts