New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Looking to buy a mustang to upgrade.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 01:00 PM
09GT/CS
2nd Gear Member

I would shoot for the lower miles. The mods seem tempting but if you plan to do forced induction it will not play nice with high flow cats they are notorious for blowing out. Now if you planned to drive the high mileage one as is or maybe just bolts ons it's a good deal. These motors will run a long time if cared for. But if you want forced induction then lower miles is best just from a wear/tear perspective. Also see what the quality of the mods are. If they look bad chances are you'll spend a ton undoing whatever he/she did to it. I prefer clean slate cars myself because I have unique taste and hate sorting out someone else's bad work. It's up to you and your goals really.
Old 05-06-2016, 01:01 PM
ucinn
3rd Gear Member

I would lean towards the second one, already has a lot of the mods done to it and is cheaper... but I would base my decision after driving/looking at them both and seeing/hearing which one I like the best and is in better shape.
Old 05-06-2016, 01:04 PM
Coreymatherly1991@gmail.com

Originally Posted by 09GT/CS
I would shoot for the lower miles. The mods seem tempting but if you plan to do forced induction it will not play nice with high flow cats they are notorious for blowing out. Now if you planned to drive the high mileage one as is or maybe just bolts ons it's a good deal. These motors will run a long time if cared for. But if you want forced induction then lower miles is best just from a wear/tear perspective. Also see what the quality of the mods are. If they look bad chances are you'll spend a ton undoing whatever he/she did to it. I prefer clean slate cars myself because I have unique taste and hate sorting out someone else's bad work. It's up to you and your goals really.
There is also one for $20000 at 4000 miles stock
Old 05-06-2016, 01:49 PM
09GT/CS
2nd Gear Member

That could be a catch 22 it may be perfect or it may be horrible time is harder on cars than miles. Especially if they are neglected. The fluids and everything still break down and it will almost surely need some gaskets. It may be worth seeing still though because those things can give you some negotiating room on price. Whichever you decide make sure you look them over really well. It's the little stuff that will nickel and dime you. 80k really isn't bad and will leave you some money room for mods. Look up the service intervals on these cars typically ford uses 30-40k miles for the major service intervals. See if they have any records on service. At 80k over that amount of time it's probably pretty solid. What's our top end budget? I got my 09 for 18k you can shop around and get a good price. The limited run cars always demand more but sometimes people don't know what they have.