New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Needing help to figure put abput a 5.0 engine

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 02:13 AM
Rebecca Kay Gordon-Johnson

Default Needing help to figure put abput a 5.0 engine

My husband bought a 93 ford mustang lax (fox body) which is what we call it.. He is wanting a 5.0 engine to put in. I have no ideas about cars at all. But can anyone tell me what 5.0 engine I can take out of a vehicle to put in the mustang , also I have notice the transmission is not doing good. Take a good min to get out of 1st gear which is a automatic car. Please everyone in need for help , I don't want him knowing this because I want this to be a surprise for Xmas. So I can't ask him questions. Please help me. Thanks in advance. . god bless you guys.. Thank you very much.
Old 11-22-2016, 11:16 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum.

Basically any 302 will bolt in, but for simplicity try to stick with the same era. They are not hard to find.
Is he wanting to stay with EFI of switch to carb ?

As for the tranny, verify that the TV cable is still connected to the throttle and the tranny. The plastic clips that hold that cable on get brittle with age and crack. That cable controls shift points. If it is not attached anymore, stop driving the car. It will burn up and AOD tranny pretty quick.

If you have any other questions, start a new thread in the 79-95 Tech section, we'll help you in there.

Good luck

EDIT: I should ask what motor is in the 93 currently, I was assuming it was a tired 5.0.

Last edited by 88 orangepeel notch; 11-22-2016 at 11:18 AM.