New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Should I pay for the upgrade???

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 10:35 PM
jdamato

Default Should I pay for the upgrade???

Hello everyone. This is my first time posting on this forum and I want to thank everyone in advance. I am currently looking to purchase a 2016 Mustang GT Premium and was looking to find one with the performance package. The only thing holding me back is I am always one to tinker. I will also be adding a supercharger in the near future. I a aware the supercharger does come with a new radiator (will have to remove the larger one that comes with the performance package) and I will need to remove the strut tower brace as well. Is the upgrade worth it just to get the better braking setup and minor suspension improvements?
Old 11-29-2016, 06:42 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Sorry I can't help, but welcome to the forum anyways.

Good luck with the decision.
Old 11-29-2016, 07:30 AM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

Yes it is worth it, don't know about the radiator though. The suspension is great, the brakes are worth the price of entry, and the 3:73 TLS is must have IMO even with the supercharger.
Old 11-29-2016, 12:55 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Pay now or pay later. If you plan on getting FI some time during the ownership. Get the PP so you don't have to worry about upgrading the brakes and suspension, plus, doesn't the PP get a taller gear too?
Old 11-30-2016, 08:14 AM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00
Pay now or pay later. If you plan on getting FI some time during the ownership. Get the PP so you don't have to worry about upgrading the brakes and suspension, plus, doesn't the PP get a taller gear too?
It is actually a "shorter" gear, the higher the number the shorter the gear. You lose top speed but gain acceleration through leverage of the gears.
Old 11-30-2016, 02:09 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jdamato
Hello everyone. This is my first time posting on this forum and I want to thank everyone in advance. I am currently looking to purchase a 2016 Mustang GT Premium and was looking to find one with the performance package. The only thing holding me back is I am always one to tinker. I will also be adding a supercharger in the near future. I a aware the supercharger does come with a new radiator (will have to remove the larger one that comes with the performance package) and I will need to remove the strut tower brace as well. Is the upgrade worth it just to get the better braking setup and minor suspension improvements?
The brakes alone are worth it. But you don't need to change the radiator with a supercharger. All you'll lose is the strut brace.

Originally Posted by proeagles
It is actually a "shorter" gear, the higher the number the shorter the gear. You lose top speed but gain acceleration through leverage of the gears.
Correct.
Old 11-30-2016, 03:15 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by proeagles
Sorry, meant shorter. Stock is 3.31 (not certain about 2015+), PP would offer a 3.55 or 3.73.
Old 11-30-2016, 08:19 PM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00
Sorry, meant shorter. Stock is 3.31 (not certain about 2015+), PP would offer a 3.55 or 3.73.
It will be a 3.73 gear.