New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

issues with the car after 8 months and 13K miles

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 10:36 AM
ram_ecoboost_premium

Default issues with the car after 8 months and 13K miles

Hi I bought a brand mustang ecoboost premium on may 27 2016. Its so painful when your car gets into issues within such a minimum time and miles on it.
issue 1: yesterday I had my tank almost empty. the dashboard said 6 miles to empty. I stopped at a gas station and started filling my gas. the pump turned off after 12.5 gallons. generally I remember filling up untill 14.5 to 15 gallons of gas. not sure where the room for another 2-3 gallons has gone!! I spoke with a friend who drives a mustang ecoboost '16 and he said his tank may go till 16 gallons at times. I checked the range as well. its showing as 275 miles which earlier used to show me somewhere close to 315 miles. Also I feel like the arrow on the gas gauge is below the F (which is supposed to be a little further to F)
issue 2: I feel like the performance of my car is going down and not as it was before. My friend who is been driving with me initially for around 3 months took a long pause and resumed travelling with me recently and he said he hear some weird sound with the engine.
issue 3: I hear some sound when I apply breaks as well.
issue 3: The gas mileage is getting bad day by day I dont know why. initially I was driving real fast and slamming the throttle all the time. But when I spoke with a friend he said I need to tune the engine initially for better performance. That is when I started driving the car subtly. I remember seeing figures like 24.5 to 26 in the city but now a days I see gas which is hardly getting close to 22. wanna let you know that I put regular gas and not premium.

Can someone kindly read my long post and please answer the questions. Thank you so much.
Old 02-08-2017, 01:13 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

first item could be the level in the tank is outta whack - Dealer

second issue is purely subject and uninformative"weird sound" says nothing. If the dude hasn't been traveling with you for 3 months what's to say he hasn't forgotten what a turbo sounds like?

third issue, maybe you've worn out your brakes? No idea on your driving style habits - dealer (most likely under warranty if they wore out prematurely)

last issue, sounds like filters need to be replaced (Basic maintenance) - you or dealer

Cliff notes:
Items 1 and 3 dealer Item 4 also probably dealer unless you are mechanically inclined. Item 2 nothing to address as it doesn't describe anything (Vague).
Old 02-09-2017, 09:42 AM
movielover40
4th Gear Member

Car is under full warranty.

Take it to the dealer and make sure they fix it.
Old 02-09-2017, 12:54 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

For maintenance it's not. They'll charge an arm, a leg and kids foot to do maintenance stuff.
Old 02-09-2017, 03:29 PM
ram_ecoboost_premium

awesome thank you so much guys! I may have to meet the dealer then. but the problem is they always try to push the issue out of their court. they try to convince me and I dont know if they accept and fix the issue.
I am not really concerned about gas but mann. I used to have a decent 320 miles with one full tank (which is not really great. may be 21 MPG but I am ok lol) and now I am hardly getting 270 miles which saddens me