New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Newbie Intro

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 12:00 PM
Joe East

Default Newbie Intro

I recently bought a 2007 GT. Has 105k miles, Windveil Blue. So I just bought this car, I am not looking to sell this car immediately but I may in the near future. I am looking for opinions on what I should do to it and prioritize those projects.
Mechanical needs:
1. E-brake, doesn't engage and adjustment at the handle did not help any. I guess I will be crawling under it before the weekend to inspect cables.
2. Steering wheel shakes slightly when braking at higher speeds, I am thinking possible warped rotor(s). It's not horrible.
3. I had the front tires re-balanced as soon as I pulled it off the truck, there was a bit of a shake at 55 to 60 mph, it's much better but a slight shake still (see video). I read that possibly the rotor retainers can cause some balance issues and people that remove them see immediate improvement, not so sure about that one. I have been told that they have to be balanced with weights on the inside and outside of the wheels, thoughts? It has 10th anniversary wheels on Nittos. No. 2 may be related to this as well from what I have been reading.
4. Considering going from 3.73 gears to back to stock, which I assume is 3.31, I drive 70 miles round trip a day, mostly hwy.
Cosmetic:
1. Replace carpet
2. Replace seats front and back, currently cloth, would like to go with leather. Really do not want to buy upholstery kit, want it to look clean and professionally/factory done.
3. Replace front bumper cover or touch up paint. See pic, look on passenger side and the lower middle (crack).
4. Replace stereo head unit with Bluetooth capable system.
What else should I be considering? Obviously I won't be doing all of this if I decide not to keep the car.
Old 02-15-2017, 12:08 PM
Joe East

Old 02-15-2017, 12:09 PM
Joe East

Has JLT intake, 373 gears, hurst short throw shifter, pype bomb muffler deletes and SCT4 hand held tuner. New 10th anniversary wheels and nitto tires.
Old 02-15-2017, 12:26 PM
movielover40
4th Gear Member

Car looks good. You should be able to pick up leather seats from a wrecked junkyard car.

I had my front bumper repainted last year and it turned out well. Touch up will not look good.

Only you can decide if you want to keep it.