New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

What's left to do??... It's all been done.

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 10:00 PM
OrangeRush98

Default What's left to do??... It's all been done.

Hi, I just bought a 98 GT, it was a great buy, a steal really. It came with just about everything done to it, besides forged internals, and FI. I'm wondering what kind of HP/TQ and 1/4 times I'm looking at. It's hitting the dyno in a few weeks, but I'd like to get some input from you all. I've got an 03 block, 500. Lift cams, PI heads, long tubes, C&L CAI, 42k coils, 24lb injectors, Ford Racing upper and lower intake, bigger MAF, throttle body spacer. Ford racing throttle body, true duals to flowmasters, SCT tuner/programmer, upgraded suspension and brakes. It has an auto trans with a shift Kit, and it's running on 91. I'm unsure if the gears have been swapped though, so I'm gonna assume they aren't. I just wanna get an idea as to what to expect at the dyno in a few weeks. The car is Bad@**, but I feel like all the mods aren't working together yet. I think a solid tune will do the trick. So what do you think I'm looking at?

​​​​
Old 03-06-2017, 06:56 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum.

An estimate on power and 1/4 mile times is kinda hard to give accurately. Tires being a huge factor (slicks/street). Also driver experience, weather, car's tune etc. I'm not familiar with 4.6 mods but maybe someone with more knowledge may chime in. A can say this though, don't get your hopes up with unrealistic 1/4 times. It'll just break your heart lol.

Good luck
Old 03-07-2017, 01:56 PM
movielover40
4th Gear Member

If it's the standard 2 valve 4.6 you might be looking around 350 hp.

Should run in the 13's.

Congrat's and let us know.

3.73 rear end would help you a lot.