New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New to the Forum with my '16 GT (photo heavy)

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2017, 08:50 PM
Jermys550

Default New to the Forum with my '16 GT (photo heavy)

I'm Jeremy, from Sac, Ca. I have a '16 GT that is my daily, and it's my first Mustang. Always had imports, when Ford changed up to the IRS on the S550, I had to try it out. Test drove it and fell in love right away. I could never go back now lol. Copy-pasting the rest from another place because it would take FOREVER to retype this lol.

Purchased the car new valentine's day of 2016, it's my daily so my progress will likely be pretty slow but this is where i'll post all of my updates on mods. Mostly just a place i can photo store

Details as of 3-14-17
'16 GT 6spd Shadow black base model ( )

Exterior:
RTR upper/lower grille (no lights)
Street scene chin spoiler
MMD reverse hood scoop vent things
Roush quarter window scoops
MMD rear window louvers
GT350 track pack spoiler
Ford Performance blank black deck piece
Anchor-Room headlight corner black out
StangMods honeycomb taillight overlays

nothing for interior

Wheels/tires/suspension
Verde Axis wheels (sold but i mention because some pics will have them)
Zenetti Monterey wheels (current for now)
tires are cheap crap
Steeda linear sport springs

Under the hood/under the car
Roush CAI
Lund Ngauge
Xpipe resonator delete
Magnaflow mufflers

Some pics of the progress so far...

Stock mode

Then the first set of wheels and the springs

Then came the grille and rear deck emblem delete

then came the biggest mistake of getting this license plate. i'm really antisocial and dont like attention while im driving... this does the opposite of that. Probably going to get something thats under the radar within the next year or so

along came the venty louvery things and the corner black outs for the headlights

Spoiler addition plus I finally got a new camera and figured out how it worked.

honeycombs came along and I really dont think i'll even go back to plain taillights.

Then I was in the progress of making my own diffuser fins. They're still in the works but just dont have much time with work. These are just the foam mock up pieces I had taped on lol

I made/drew these coyote heads to use as the 5.0 badge replacements on the fenders. Was gonna do a bunch to sell but could never find a person to actually make them so all I have is the vinyl/magnet set that's on mine. If i can ever find anyone to make em tho, maybe i'll produce a few.

I got new wheels because I prefer to stay on 19's and the Verde wheels had the valve stems in the center of the wheel, so the valve stem would hit the calipers unless I ran spacers, which I do not like to run so I ended up selling them and getting these Zenetti Monterey wheels. Silver in most photos, but have recently been painted gunmetal and I painted my calipers blue.

As for now I only have cellphone pics of the new wheel color/brake color, and front lip. Waiting on my hood vent scoop things to get here before taking real pics this coming weekend. Anyway that's pretty much it for now, updates as mods change of course.

Future plans, a photoshop of where i'd like to end up:

Aside from the plans visually, i'd like to KB s/c or procharge it down the road.

Painted the MMD vents gloss, and added some Cervinis side scoops

So I was fortunate enough to have a friend connect me with this company called ArmaSpeed who have been making intakes for a while for other makes and models, mostly euro, but have recently added some murica to their lineup, and I was given the chance to try one of their intakes out. Got it in the mail a few days ago ( it is a NO TUNE required intake ) and due to the fact that I have a Lund Tune on the car for the Roush CAI, and for whatever reason my stock tune is gone >.< must have messed up somewhere, so I have not yet driven with the intake just waiting on a stock tune to come in, but I did install the intake for a couple photos.
The fit and finish of this intake is reallllllly nice, like the quality of the carbon and the look/weave is great. It has more of a dry carbon look rather than the high gloss stuff frequently seen. Install retains a couple stock pieces like the pipe directly from the throttle body, and the air duct from the grille. Fitment is great, it sits very flush everywhere and since i have the MMD reverse hood vent scoops that are open to where the intake sits, having a covered intake will be really nice.
Unfortunately, I have not been able to drive it yet on the car, but I will update that as soon as I get my revised tune in from Lund!

(update as of today)
With the help from John over at Lund I was able to get my stock tune issue squared away (cant say enough about that companies customer service, they're so great), and got the intake back on the car!
It is raining here unfortunately and being into the evening I just took it around the block for some testing to make sure I was good to go, numbers where they need to be, runs well etc. and I gotta say this intake from ArmaSpeed runs a lot smoother than I anticipated. The only other intake I've had other than stock was the Roush with the "no tune" insert and then without it with a tune, and with the insert in or out, there was always some feel of surging from oncoming wind gusts, even just sitting at lights if the wind hit my car a certain way the RPMs would move very noticeably, especially when driving. This intake is a no tune required intake, and with the stock tune I didnt notice any of that sort of surging, even when driving into wind. Very pleased with how it performs so far in the minimal testing I've been able to do. The car is my daily, so I will update after a few hundred miles!
Old 04-17-2017, 06:39 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

WOW !!! That's the longest into thread ever lol. Congrats on that sharp looking Mustang. Nice job on the mods.

Welcome to the forum by the way, glad to have you.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:45 PM
Whiteline
Former Sponsor

Welcome to the forum and nice build!

If you are looking for an affordable mod that is fairly simple to install I suggest you check out the Whiteline Positive Shift Kit Bushing. You will definitely notice improved shift feel and response:

Available at:

WhitelinePerformance.com https://whitelineperformance.com/for...bushing-kdt928

AmericanMuscle.com http://www.americanmuscle.com/whitel...-kit-1114.html

Designed for use on the 2011 to 2017 GT or BOSS Mustangs equipped with MT-82 manual 6 speed transmission and the 5.0L Coyote motor.

Old 04-17-2017, 03:21 PM
Jermys550

Originally Posted by 88 orangepeel notch
WOW !!! That's the longest into thread ever lol. Congrats on that sharp looking Mustang. Nice job on the mods.

Welcome to the forum by the way, glad to have you.
I just like to be really thorough! lol Thanks for the welcome, I'll keep things updated as the mod progression keeps building
Old 04-17-2017, 03:26 PM
Gravydog316
2nd Gear Member

...if you don't want attention, take the bus.
keep that plate haha
my brother says he will buy it if you wanna sell it
Old 04-17-2017, 03:29 PM
Gravydog316
2nd Gear Member

the plate, i mean...
i will take your car its awesome
Old 04-17-2017, 03:32 PM
Jermys550

Originally Posted by Whiteline
Welcome to the forum and nice build!

If you are looking for an affordable mod that is fairly simple to install I suggest you check out the Whiteline Positive Shift Kit Bushing. You will definitely notice improved shift feel and response:

Available at:

WhitelinePerformance.com https://whitelineperformance.com/for...bushing-kdt928

AmericanMuscle.com http://www.americanmuscle.com/whitel...-kit-1114.html

Designed for use on the 2011 to 2017 GT or BOSS Mustangs equipped with MT-82 manual 6 speed transmission and the 5.0L Coyote motor.

https://youtu.be/YqmF0AXYQ28
Thank you, i'll look into them!

Originally Posted by Gravydog316
...if you don't want attention, take the bus.
keep that plate haha
my brother says he will buy it if you wanna sell it
Originally Posted by Gravydog316
the plate, i mean...
i will take your car its awesome
Thanks, I'm getting more used to it, and its good for shows/meets with sponsors to bring attention so I just gotta learn to live with it But if i ever think of something better and i get rid of this, i'll let you guys know lol
Old 04-17-2017, 03:32 PM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to the forums enjoy your stay.
But since this section is meant just for saying Hi, it would be better to start a build thread in the S550 section, to cover all the mods as they happen.
Old 04-17-2017, 06:39 PM
JimC

Welcome. We have a sticky thread at the top of the S550 section to post up pictures of your new S550 so hit that up as well!
Old 04-17-2017, 08:29 PM
Backyard Buddy
1st Gear Member

AMAZING pics!! Love the car!!