New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

1995 cobra jerking

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 09:24 PM
Rocky Williamson

Default 1995 cobra jerking

Hey everyone. I have a 1995 mustang cobra. I found it in a backyard sitting. It's last inspection was 2/06. I've got her running a driving and overall happy with what I've got. But I am getting a jurking at cruising speed and a hesitation/miss when I get on it. Now with that said. I have done a full tune up, and a new cool air intake and 2 bottles of injection cleaner. Also a new pickup coil. Along with repairing some wires a mouse chewed on. I can not hear any major vacuum leaks. And the only codes I have got as of now are auto transmission codes and my car is a 5 speed (go figure). Any ideas
Old 05-19-2017, 07:19 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum. And congrats on getting that Cobra back on the road.

These motors are very sensitive to vacuum leaks. Even a small one can play havoc. Give all vacuum lines a thorough once over. Especially the ones under the intake. You'll have to pull it off to get at them but it's only a 5 minute job. That may clear up the surging/jerking while driving.

The miss you have sounds electrical. What exact codes did you get ?

Also, any other technical questions you may have, start a new thread in the Tech section. There's one for 79-95 Mustangs that have some really smart guys in there.

Good luck