New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Connecticut Driver questions about Mustangs

Old 06-11-2017, 06:34 PM
Richard P Silva

Default Connecticut Driver questions about Mustangs

Interested in a 2015 Mustang Fastback. I live in CT and was wondering how bad is owning a Mustang in a place that snows once in a while for 3-4 months out of the year? Would throwing a good set of snow tires on during winter be alright for moderate traveling?
Old 06-12-2017, 04:01 AM
Gravydog316
2nd Gear Member

Yes; i see lots of Mustangs in the winter here in Saskatchewan...
but, winter tires are key
(all-season/all-weather DO NOT work in snow/ice)
Old 06-12-2017, 06:26 AM
JimC

I drove my 2006 and my 2013 Mustangs - one with supercharger and the other with turbo - year round in South East Michigan. My daily commute was 45 miles each way. Never had a problem with the Mustang in some heavy snow and ice storms. Never had the chance to put the snow tires on (bought them and then sold the 2013) so did it on all season tires.

I never put extra weight in the trunk either. Lots of people say you have to but I never found the need to do it. Besides, what do you think happens to all that weight if you do have a "sudden stop" in ditch? It doesn't just sit there, it will keep moving and if you have a coupe all that is there to stop it is the folding light seat backs. So now that moving weight is aimed right at you.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:34 AM
Urambo Tauro
3rd Gear Member

Driving a Mustang through the winter is totally manageable. Good tires are important, but other than that, it's really all about the driver. You just have to use discretion and be careful about your inputs. Being a good winter driver will make you an even better summer driver.

Search this Thread