New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Not quite yet

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 12:20 AM
Atticaz

Default Not quite yet

I am 95% picking up a low mileage, but modded 2014 5.0 tomorrow. I would have loved my first post to be showing her off. But I have ages questions before I purchase.

This car has an intake, what looks like heavy suspension mods 255's up front and 290's rear on American Racing wheels and atleast a cat delete. I know it must have some kind of ECU or tune to keep it emissions compliant.

My question is how do I tell what they previous owner used? I'm am coming from a highly modded big turbo Mazdaspeed3. So I know about tuning via handheld tuners. And I am aware of the SCT (Ford equivalent of the Cobb Accessport). But what are some of the other tuner options..... need to know what I'm looking for. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This car is beautiful.

Thanks.
Old 06-20-2017, 12:24 AM
Atticaz

I meant I have "a few" questions. Can't find the edit button for some reason.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:19 PM
SICWITIT

You can't really tell what they used, you will have to just first see if it is still married to the previous tuner. I think i answered your question..... hahah
Old 06-20-2017, 10:26 PM
Atticaz

Originally Posted by SICWITIT
You can't really tell what they used, you will have to just first see if it is still married to the previous tuner. I think i answered your question..... hahah
Yeah. I figured. Just curious if Mustangs were any different that Mazdaspeed3's in that aspect. Anyways, it's not looking so good that I'll get this one. But I am still determined to upgrade from my speed3 to a 5.0. We'll see how it goes. I do love my Speed3. But it's also high miles; fun car and bigger turbo, with tons of mods and all. But, I'm ready for RWD V8.

I'm still a bit upside down on the speed3. So this will be a challenge to get into a 5.0.