New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Cobra issue, any advice?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 10:32 PM
REALMCCOYCOBRA

Question Cobra issue, any advice?

I have a 2003 Cobra with 36000 miles on it. I have had zero problems with it until today. Car starts up perfect and idles fine but when i push in the clutch put it in 1st mean and release to clutch it barley moves forward. I push the gas and it sorta feels like I'm in neutral but barley moves. does anyone have any advice on this situation?
Old 08-04-2017, 11:04 PM
imp
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by REALMCCOYCOBRA
I have a 2003 Cobra with 36000 miles on it. I have had zero problems with it until today. Car starts up perfect and idles fine but when i push in the clutch put it in 1st mean and release to clutch it barley moves forward. I push the gas and it sorta feels like I'm in neutral but barley moves. does anyone have any advice on this situation?

Does the pedal force feel normal, not diminished? If yes, something is haywire in either the clutch mechanism, or a broken part mechanically, such as sheared clutch plate spider, broken transmission input shaft, etc. imp
Old 08-05-2017, 12:30 AM
REALMCCOYCOBRA

Yeah the pedal force feels about the same maybe a little less. i can put the car in first and pull up the emergency break and it won't die. So i was thinking the clutch was gone, but I'm not really sure