New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New member with a 68 GT/CS

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 01:53 PM
Stangmeng68

Default New member with a 68 GT/CS

Hi All,

New to the forum and what a great place for information on mustangs! I came across a rare find in Monterey, Ca. This lady was selling a 68 cs/gt that has been garaged for 20 years. She was the first owner as her dad bought it for her to drive to college, San Jose State University.

It needs body work and paint but the first thing I did was look for the vin and to my surprise the first 5 digits were 8R01X. I made her a deal and took it home that night. I’ve read many things on the Xcodes and it seems fairly rare. I ordered the Marti Report so hopefully I can find out what production was. So far I think I have it down to 1 of 15 with color code, coupe and engine code. All original and complete with just small things needed. I look forward to talking with you all and let me know if there is anything I should be aware of that might be helpful.

Thanks,
Brandon
Attached Thumbnails New member with a 68 GT/CS-img-3170.jpg   New member with a 68 GT/CS-img-3185.jpg   New member with a 68 GT/CS-img-3176.jpg   New member with a 68 GT/CS-img-3172.jpg  
Old 11-21-2017, 03:05 PM
imp
3rd Gear Member

Probably even rarer, but far less desirable than your '68 CS. '68 "pre-Mach I", 351W, I converted to EFI in 1997 for a lawyer in Albuquerque. Used Ford Motorsports MAF kit which had essentially '93 Cobra hardware, 24# injectors, Mass Air Sensor & ductwork, harness, PCM. I chose the appropriate support sensors, ran return fuel line to tank, used in-line external pump, GT-40 intake. The thing ran really nice, customer was very pleased.