New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

TO BAG OR NOT TO BAG!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2017, 04:23 PM
Stangboy2001

Wink TO BAG OR NOT TO BAG!!!!!!!

lets all agree. a bagged mustang looks pretty sexy. but is it worth it? my uncle tells me they dont last without popping. i would like to hear some personal experiences on this matter. dang. okay not bad
Old 12-06-2017, 07:53 AM
Bennie Bynum

Ive had them all and bagged cars have improved over the years. the old set ups, were forever having leaks and if something went out, you better hope you have AAA My new 1969 Mustang, which is actually a 2005, wrapped in 1969 panels
Old 12-06-2017, 12:41 PM
Fishfreq

Default ...is it worth it?

Originally Posted by Stangboy2001
...is it worth it?
Is it worth it? If spending that much money for looks is worth it, for you and your budget, then of course. They're all about form over function. Sure they look 'cool' - on someone else's car. If you're street, road or drag racing, it'd be counter productive IMO. Bags have never provided enough jounce and yaw resistance in spirited cornering, or you'd see racers using them. I know some builders like RideTech have made big strides in handling with air bags, but it's mainly been through shock valving.
Old 12-06-2017, 12:59 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

My school of thought and what I've seen in practice in the various shops I worked in over the years are that bags are for cruisers, show cars, and casual driving. Not so much for DD and never for performance. They don't have the best handling characteristics. If they did, you'd see them on the track.

Im sure reliability has increased significantly over the years with the new plastics and rubber they have developed but the performance aspect hasn't changed much.
Old 12-12-2017, 06:55 PM
isebsss

Never drive stock i have bags and i love them