New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

2017 Mustang Fit and Finish Defect

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 11:50 AM
6tvt89vt

Default 2017 Mustang Fit and Finish Defect

I have A 2017 Mustang with a gap defect. There is a 1/2 inch gap between the passenger side headlight and the front clip. I have checked several other 2017 Mustangs and found that several share the same fit and finish problem. Some are fine.
Escalating my concern from the dealer to zone manager to customer service to the CEO's office has been useless, as they all refuse to repair the flaw and tell me there is nothing I can do about it.
If anyone on this forum shares the same problem, please let me know and we can band together to get a resolution to this problem.
Thanks.
Old 12-05-2017, 12:06 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Curious, did you not catch it or see it on your walk around of the car? Is the dealer being uncooperative or unwilling to have their body shop align the panel or you just skipped/circumvented them?
Old 12-06-2017, 06:23 AM
6tvt89vt

Default 2017 Mustang Fit and Finish Defect

Thanks for the reply.
I did not see the defect upon first walk around - my mistake. When washing the car it became very apparent. Worked through the dealer who adjusted the drivers side gap but was told nothing could be done for the right side. Escalated it to Zone Manager who agreed with me but could not approve repair. Then went to Ford customer service who gave me answers that would have been funny, if they weren't so sad - I was told upon follow up that customer service couldn't tell me if my letter was received and that I may or may not get a reply. Wow.
Was then told that the gap was within normal tolerance levels and when I requested those levels, they were not available to the public.
That's the short version.
Hopefully, other Mustang owners have this issue (I saw several cars with this problem on dealers lots) and as a group have Ford repair an obvious defect.
Old 12-06-2017, 01:14 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by 6tvt89vt
Thanks for the reply.
I did not see the defect upon first walk around - my mistake. When washing the car it became very apparent. Worked through the dealer who adjusted the drivers side gap but was told nothing could be done for the right side. Escalated it to Zone Manager who agreed with me but could not approve repair. Then went to Ford customer service who gave me answers that would have been funny, if they weren't so sad - I was told upon follow up that customer service couldn't tell me if my letter was received and that I may or may not get a reply. Wow.
Was then told that the gap was within normal tolerance levels and when I requested those levels, they were not available to the public.
That's the short version.
Hopefully, other Mustang owners have this issue (I saw several cars with this problem on dealers lots) and as a group have Ford repair an obvious defect.
Ahhh, okay, thanks for not getting all defensive!

There are a couple of corporate level Ford customer service representatives that frequent this forum. I forget what subforum they post in but they often review the various subforums for newer models and reply accordingly. They may be able to help you out in escalating this internally with FoMoCo.

Deysha is the main one. If you PM her she can work with you. She'll need your VIN etc.

Here's the link to her user profile and contact info:
https://mustangforums.com/forum/memb...rdservice.html
Old 12-07-2017, 06:24 AM
6tvt89vt

Thanks for you help. Very much appreciated!
Old 12-07-2017, 08:36 AM
cbdallas
1st Gear Member

Be thankful that it's just a panel fitment issue, and don't feel bad that you missed it. I didn't catch everything either.

The front edge of my right rear fender took some sort of hit before they painted the car. There's a visible bend on the forward edge. I elected to leave it alone rather than have it sanded, straightened and re-painted.