New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

I've got every part for a 69 restoration

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2017, 05:11 PM
Onyxtinct

Default I've got every part for a 69 restoration

Hi, I recently acquired a 1969 Mustang Notchback(Automatic Transmission), and I've got every piece I need for a restoration project. The whole thing has been gut, and I plan on putting it all together, but Im not sure where to start. Im going to clean it all out and get it looking nice, but should I put the V8 in first? Or should I put what I can in before installing the engine? Ive heard it both ways before, so if anyone could confirm which way is best, please do, it'd be a great help.

Pics of the project below You can see that it just has some worn down primer around the edges(Still considering what kind of paint to do. Im thinking a nice cherry red with matte black, or a cherry red with double white racing stripes. I like red, but any color except green and pink will be considered)
The only rust damage is on that left tail light, but I believe I have the parts to replace that, you can also see a crack in the gas cap(The fuel tank and the exhaust pipes seem like they are still pretty solid, Ill do some cleaning though)
As you can see here, its pretty much a frame on wheels
The interior is pretty much empty besides a steering wheel and the gear shift(I got this a day ago and it snowed last night so I brushed off what I could and got a tarp over it)
The hood has some holes in it for some reason... A few people are guessing that its a race mod, and that there were originally some pillars you put pins through to hold the hood down so it doesnt blow off while racing.

Sorry if I put this in the wrong place, didnt really know where to put it other then here.
Old 12-25-2017, 10:15 AM
TrimDrip
FudgeDrip

body looks good. Welcome and good luck with it.