New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

FINALLY A MUSTANG GT OWNER!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2018, 02:23 AM
carid
Former Sponsor

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your Mustang, looks nice! Seems like you've owned a very different wide variety of cars! Post up some more pictures when you can. Good luck with the new purchase and keep us posted on the progress!
Old 01-05-2018, 09:54 AM
GT Nate
2nd Gear Member

Now if the damned shipping company will pick it up, I'll actually HAVE a Mustang GT!
Old 01-13-2018, 11:26 AM
GT Nate
2nd Gear Member

Default Got it!

Gave up on the shipping company... I STRONGLY SUGGEST if you use a shipping company, be prepared to wait. Both times I've tried to use one it took time for a driver to accept the offer. So I cancelled this latest one and drove to Chicago to get it myself.

Also, if you live in Chicago, avoid LUX CARS...they're a shady dealership and scammed me by adding some crappy Road Vantage warranty to my financing... I've filed a complaint with the Attorney General of Illinois...

But the cars here, was clean, now dirty ...come on Spring!!

Old 01-13-2018, 11:27 AM
GT Nate
2nd Gear Member

Also ordered a trunk cargo net, hood struts, a chrome front pony and aftermarket machined wheels.

This car's a beast!
Old 01-15-2018, 09:33 PM
Maverick914

You're my v8 counterpart lol
Old 01-15-2018, 09:47 PM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

Have you figured out what is up with the rear suspension, no pun intended? It shouldn't be that high, ever. It's almost like someone installed a rear stabilizer bar and tightened everything up with the car up in the air instead of normal ride height.
Old 01-16-2018, 07:31 AM
GT Nate
2nd Gear Member

Not yet, the weather's been either snow or bone cold.
I'll need to take rear wheels off, when it's on jack stands and look it over. It may be overly stiff shocks...but who knows.
Once it's warm I'll crawl under there and see what's up.
it's not hurting anything just yet, I am careful around driveways & speed bumps to avoid too many front scrapes.
Old 01-21-2018, 06:00 AM
GT Nate
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by proeagles
Have you figured out what is up with the rear suspension, no pun intended? It shouldn't be that high, ever. It's almost like someone installed a rear stabilizer bar and tightened everything up with the car up in the air instead of normal ride height.
I'm beginning to strongly suspect there's new springs back there. When I put on the new wheels & tires those rear springs were pristine. The rest of the car has 8 years of use underneath so there's age showing. But those rear springs look new... there's evidence something heavy was in the trunk so I wonder if previous owner put different springs in the rear. I'll get some OEM type from Rock Auto and swap them out. Won't have to worry about track bar with OEM.
Front struts are next...easy DIY.

Old 01-25-2018, 03:53 AM
Steel68

Awesome, I think white is the best color for a glasstop. I had not heard of a glass top either, up until a couple months ago.
And I like the new rims you put on, a few pics above.
Our stories are similar. Except I'm in Illinois. 49, just bought my first Mustang. I also bought a white GT and had to wait a little longer for delivery for someone to take the route. lol. Mine was coming from Virginia though.
The big difference in ours will be that mine will end up being Metallic purple, lol.
Old 01-25-2018, 07:55 AM
GT Nate
2nd Gear Member

Cool, you can make the gauge colors purple too.

This weekend I need to do some undercarriage rust fixing. Spray some rust converter, then paint it with Rustoleum black rust converter paint...