So Ohio '13 MCA - MustangForums.com

Notices
New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

So Ohio '13 MCA

Old 03-07-2018, 11:14 AM
JOE'S BB

Default So Ohio '13 MCA

Hey guys,

I'm from the southern part of Ohio and I've had my Sterling Gray Metallic '13 MCA 6 speed coupe a little over a month now and absolutely love the car... nice power with pretty good gas mileage to boot. Not a barn burner, but fun none the less.

The only thing I do not like about it is the V6 exhaust note (some of the new V8's too). It has the Roush axle-back exhaust and the sound is too tinny/european for my taste. I'm guessing it's the architecture of the engine that defines it's sound? Guess I'm old school and want that deep mellow growl of the older engines. I also have an '88 Fiero GT (2.8 V6) and love the exhaust note it has!! Is my assumption correct about the engine design dictating the sound??

Anyway, wanted to get my feet wet and post something to get some input on the exhaust.

THANKS
Old 03-21-2018, 07:47 PM
JOE'S BB

Really.... no one can offer any suggestion on how I can get a more deep muscular sounding exhaust?
Old 03-21-2018, 08:03 PM
JimC

I had the MRT Interceptor mufflers on my 2013 and really liked the sound of those. But your best thing to do is go to youtube and listen to videos, find a car you like the sound of and ask the owner.

Sound is very subjective. What I might like you could hate.