New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Ready for my midlife crisis...

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2018, 06:36 PM
anmut

Default Ready for my midlife crisis...

Hello from Central Wisconsin! I've had pony brain my entire life, started when someone gave me a poster of all the mustang models up until 1987(ish). I used to memorize those stats and models and continued to do so until i moved out of my parents house.

Now I'm nearly 40 (turning 40 in just over a couple weeks) and looking to trade in the '16 MKZ for a Mustang. Daughter is just nearly big enough for a booster seat instead of the eggshell I've suffered with for the last 3.5.

So now lies the rub... trying to decide what model to buy and what's a good price. I'm too old to need street cred, won't be visiting any tracks and I'm thinking of a '17 GT Premium drop-top would fit the bill. I'm torn between the fun of a 6 speed and the convenience of remote start.

Unfortunately, my first test drive this weekend of local eco-boost (what a dog) did not go well when I brought it home and put my daughter in the back seat (sans booster / just in the driveway) to see how she "fit." It wasn't good, her little legs didn't bend with the conforms of the seat and jammed right into the back of the driver seat. We do have the *sigh* minivan, so long term trips aren't a huge concern, but I'd like her to be comfortable for jaunts around town. I'm thinking the raised platform of a booster might fix that, but wondering if anyone can shed light on this?

Any thoughts are appreciated!
Old 03-25-2018, 08:44 AM
1 Alibi 2
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to the forum.
As you're " too old " @ age 40, the remote start should be your choice..
Old 03-25-2018, 05:42 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Old at 40? I must be ancient at 55---welcome!
Old 03-27-2018, 07:54 AM
Wife’s 18 GT CONV

Originally Posted by anmut
Hello from Central Wisconsin! I've had pony brain my entire life, started when someone gave me a poster of all the mustang models up until 1987(ish). I used to memorize those stats and models and continued to do so until i moved out of my parents house.

Now I'm nearly 40 (turning 40 in just over a couple weeks) and looking to trade in the '16 MKZ for a Mustang. Daughter is just nearly big enough for a booster seat instead of the eggshell I've suffered with for the last 3.5.

So now lies the rub... trying to decide what model to buy and what's a good price. I'm too old to need street cred, won't be visiting any tracks and I'm thinking of a '17 GT Premium drop-top would fit the bill. I'm torn between the fun of a 6 speed and the convenience of remote start.

Unfortunately, my first test drive this weekend of local eco-boost (what a dog) did not go well when I brought it home and put my daughter in the back seat (sans booster / just in the driveway) to see how she "fit." It wasn't good, her little legs didn't bend with the conforms of the seat and jammed right into the back of the driver seat. We do have the *sigh* minivan, so long term trips aren't a huge concern, but I'd like her to be comfortable for jaunts around town. I'm thinking the raised platform of a booster might fix that, but wondering if anyone can shed light on this?

Any thoughts are appreciated!
in breaux bridge LA they have a 17 and 18 GT premium verts, white with black top snd GT performance package black wheels, the 18 is fully loaded including magneride snd safety snd shaker, believe the 17 is the same fir that year loaded , them having both might make for s good bargaining position for 17, though small dealership snd them still having the 17 May mean they don’t deal much

Last edited by Wife’s 18 GT CONV; 03-27-2018 at 08:22 AM.
Old 03-27-2018, 11:04 PM
imp
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by TPony
Old at 40? I must be ancient at 55---welcome!
55?? Christ! I just bought a hot '94 GT last May, two months before turning 75! Now I'm buying a car lift for the damned thing! imp
Old 03-30-2018, 08:04 PM
anmut

Well not having too much luck finding a car... everything seems to be a half days drive from me or it's an Ecoboost. Not sure why dealers have so many of them in stock. Seriously Ford, you added audio to make the exhaust note?!