New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New to this forum but veteran on others

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2018, 05:35 PM
jmp6889928

Default New to this forum but veteran on others

I've been an actual member of this forum since 2016 but have never posted until today. I am a veteran in Subaru modifications and build custom turbos that have yielded over 600WHP on 2.5L EJ257 engines.

I currently own a 2014 V6 Mustang Premium with an extensive list of mods on it that I track on occasion.

I'm an ASE Certified Master Tech (although I don't do it for a living anymore) and have done custom fabrication work for a lot of different types of race cars including dirt late models, asphalt super late models, road race cars, drag cars, and have done some work for street rods too.

I was involved in the automotive aftermarket industry for almost 30 years and have 11 patents on various types of repair tools and system repair equipment for air conditioning, fuel systems, tubing systems including hydraulic brakes, and power steering systems. My repair system for A/C and Fuel won an international award at Automechanika in Frankfort Germany in 2013 and works for basically all types of tubing including coolant systems and low pressure hydraulics as well. I built the ONLY tool able to press fuel line quick connects into the nylon tubing perfectly with the perfect OE appearance. You can see me here:

I'm not new to Mustangs and Fords in general as we drag raced and road raced several hand built Mustangs and Fairlanes in the 70's. We held a national drag record for 3 years with a 67' Squareback mustang with an extremely modified 289 that was able to rev to almost 11K rpm. It was a beast of a small block and the engine is sitting on a stand in my buddy's garage, never to be driven again, but as a reminder of what we could build if we wanted.

Lastly, I'm old. Yup. Old. I'll be 60 this year, and I've never stopped liking modifying cars and making them go fast. I'm sure I can help these forums with a lot of information as well as hoping to learn a lot from everyone here.

Last edited by jmp6889928; 05-04-2018 at 05:53 PM.
Old 05-03-2018, 07:55 PM
jmp6889928

Gingerman Raceway October 2017
Attached Thumbnails New to this forum but veteran on others-20180503_204123.jpg  
Old 05-06-2018, 07:25 AM
hazzardousmat

Awesome, welcome to the forums
Old 05-12-2018, 11:56 AM
jmp6889928

Thank you Mat. It appears the moderators don't seem to give a crap about who shows up here but again, I thank you for your warm welcome.
Old 05-13-2018, 07:36 PM
jmp6889928

It appears to me that this forum doesn't seem to like or want new people, at least from the way I was treated by a particular moderator. I think I'll find another that really does give a crap and is willing to actually welcome new members.

Thanks again Mat. I do appreciate your welcome.
Old 05-13-2018, 09:07 PM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy your stay.
I can't recall ever joining a forum and being greeted by a designated moderator, but it sounds like that's what you are used to, but I still don't understand getting upset about it.
Se la vie
Old 05-14-2018, 05:33 PM
jmp6889928

That was not the case. I asked a question in the Tech forums and made several posts about the question. No one answered after over 300 looks, and I simply said that I was sorry to have bothered. A moderator-JimC-posted that I was arrogant for asking for advice and help on a seat swap.

I came here to see if someone had done the swap from standard leather electric seats to Recaro non-electric and what they did to accommodate the airbags and controls. One person responded and after that, I was told I was arrogant by the moderator. I don't believe I deserved that kind of treatment for being the "new guy", especially from a moderator. Conveniently enough, another moderator removed the posts I put up to answer JimC.
Old 05-21-2018, 04:48 PM
HRnB
Administrator

Originally Posted by jmp6889928
That was not the case. I asked a question in the Tech forums and made several posts about the question. No one answered after over 300 looks, and I simply said that I was sorry to have bothered. A moderator-JimC-posted that I was arrogant for asking for advice and help on a seat swap.

I came here to see if someone had done the swap from standard leather electric seats to Recaro non-electric and what they did to accommodate the airbags and controls. One person responded and after that, I was told I was arrogant by the moderator. I don't believe I deserved that kind of treatment for being the "new guy", especially from a moderator. Conveniently enough, another moderator removed the posts I put up to answer JimC.
Bud, you were the first to act snotty because you weren't getting answers to your questions. Did it ever occur to you that no one had the answers to your questions? You asked the questions about your seats because you didn't know. Isn't it reasonable to consider others here didn't know either?

You acted like you were purposely being snubbed or something, which you weren't. It wasn't until you started acting all pissy that Jim C countered your attitude.

You are free to stay or go. No one is kicking you out the door. Maybe someday you'll have a question that someone in this community has an answer for.

Good luck on your seat endeavor.
Old 05-21-2018, 06:35 PM
jmp6889928

Originally Posted by HRnB
Bud, you were the first to act snotty because you weren't getting answers to your questions. Did it ever occur to you that no one had the answers to your questions? You asked the questions about your seats because you didn't know. Isn't it reasonable to consider others here didn't know either?

You acted like you were purposely being snubbed or something, which you weren't. It wasn't until you started acting all pissy that Jim C countered your attitude.

You are free to stay or go. No one is kicking you out the door. Maybe someday you'll have a question that someone in this community has an answer for.

Good luck on your seat endeavor.
You know "Bud", it's quite amazing that it FINALLY found the eyes of an Administrator. I had highly doubted that anyone was monitoring anything at all, based on how little movement there is in the forums. And to be honest, I wasn't snotty at all. I simply said, and I quote:

"Wow....I guess no one has ever done this seat swap or no one want's to even approach it with any ideas.

Sorry to have bothered. I'll find a different forum that might be willing to even chat about it.

Enjoy1"

If you find that to be snotty, then I guess I am in the wrong forum. Out of now, just shy of 600 looks and only a single person thought enough to even reply, and he's a new person, I guess that no one here actually does any kind of work.

If this is a forum that worries more about scoops and window vents and stripes than working on the cars for performance, then all I needed to have someone do is tell me. I didn't deserve a comment about being arrogant, nor did I need to have the posts removed, but I suppose because JimC wasn't able to defend his comment, then that's what happens here-bury it.

I have a lot of knowledge to offer, but it appears that my working knowledge of suspension, engines, brakes, and how to make the car actually go fast and turn corners would be wasted here.

All I needed was you to make the comments you made to show me the truth of this forum. I'll make sure that my Shelby club knows about this forum, because frankly, I don't think any of them would ever venture here. They are all people that actually work on their cars and strive to make them better.

You have a terrific day.