New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Just want to say hello

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 10:58 AM
J.Ivarez

Default Just want to say hello

So hey guys, I'm picking up my first Mustang tomorrow morning from a friend who can't afford it anymore. 95 cobra convertible in dark red with a black rag top and a slew of mods. All the basic stuff.
60K miles on body
20K on motor and trans
95 5.0 with full exhaust and mid length headers, trick flow intake and air filter, hot plugs and msd ignition, cam and all supporting stuff plus a 93 octane tune.
I think the trans is a T-5 but the builder guaranteed it would support 500hp so I'm not sure what alls been done to it. It's got a "stage 3 clutch" unsure of brand.
3.73s in the rear and then some mods to the appearance. Full tube roll cage and American racing wheels with some nice tires on them.
I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things but all in all it's solid and for the market I feel like 3K dollars is fair. Paint is a little roughed up but I feel like it'll be okay.
I've always been a bowtie man so it'll be interesting to see where the car fits into the family.
Plans so far is to weigh out all the convertible stuff and see if it's worth removing the whole system. I know they come in around 3500 and I want it to sit around 28~~ preferably but I would settle for 3000 or so. Under 31 is fine. Probably sell the audio system out of it and the rear seats. It's a black leather interior car so might swap to manual buckets to shed a few pounds. All in all it'll be fun I think. If I don't like it I can probably flip it considering how rare these things are. I've heard only 1003 were made so if it doesn't drive how I like it'll get flipped. All the mods were done by a well known local builder and have documentation. Sorry to ramble but I wanted to say hello and give some deets. Look forward to talking to all of you.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:52 AM
GT Nate
2nd Gear Member

welcome aboard
Old 07-13-2018, 12:50 PM
1 Alibi 2
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to the site..
Old 09-09-2018, 02:12 PM
Beatle

Hello J.Ivarez,

My name is Craig and I just join this site about an hour ago...LOL...real quick how come this site won't let me post my 2003 Cobra for sale? Do I have to wait until someone approves my account? Thanks,
r/
Craig
Old 09-10-2018, 04:14 PM
Beatle

Default Hey Bulldog!!!

Hey just wanted to introduce myself to the Mustang forum, I'm Craig and I just recently joined this site. I live in Virginia Beach and have since 1992. I bought the "Terminator" 2003 that same year. I'm a merchant marine and currently in port. I do get underway a lot on my ship, out of Norfolk. The Cobra has been garage kept and babied. I put Borla cat back exhaust and a Eaton throttle body plus a dense charger on her within the first year I owned the car. The car has 13,400 original miles. I'm getting in my later years and looking to move on which means I want to sell the Cobra. The asking price is $ 24,000. The car is in excellent condition. Please email me back here for question/comments and info. Talk soon,
r/
Craig