New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

'18 GT PP1 - Oregon

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2018, 12:32 PM
dtrapp

Default '18 GT PP1 - Oregon

Hey guys, this is my first American sports car after many years of owning EU/JP vehicles. I picked up a black 18 GT 10A + PP1 yesterday for a great price after about 1 month of actively shopping.

Still doing break in so revs are kept low and I keep it mostly in D because I want to see what kind of MPG I can get while I'm breaking it in. Any throttle really seems to lower that so it's kind of a fun game since I can't just WOT quite yet.

Now, for the super crappy part.

I have 139 miles on this car. Bought it at 42. Engine light came on at around 100 - 110. Strike 1 IMO.

Dealership Service is closed today, but I may take it down to Autozone or some place that can give me OBDII readouts to get a code. Pretty frustrating to deal with this so quickly. I come from a family of Ford drivers and they've all had some serious issues at one time or another (as I have with Toyota V6's in the past), however this is pretty much unacceptable.

Doesn't mean I don't love the car. It feels amazing, and I could compare it to a lot of the sports cars I've had in the past (S4, STI, Maserati Coupe, Lotus Elise) in some ways, and less in others - but the best way to describe it is that it's beast waiting to be unleashed. Handling might be a bit wallowy in comparison to ME cars like the Elise, but it beats everything on power, sheer torque and engine-responsiveness.

...and that's just from a few super light pulls with revs kept in check! I can only imagine what it can do when it's broken in.

Right now, though. I'm afraid it's just broken.

I didn't want to use this thread and my first post here to complain or ask for help, just giving my less-than-24-hours-of-ownership take on this vehicle. Aside from the check engine light, I love it. And while I have very little patience for major issues (BMW 325i had an engine replaced under warranty, STi left me stranded on the side of the road under 10k miles) it happens. The community is one of the best around and I'm willing to ride this out for awhile and see if it's worth it.

Quick note on the check engine light, it's not flashing. It could be the IMRC or EVAP or something else making it misfire. Startup feels like cold starts (it's 80 degrees!) and there's a lag in first like a misfire. I've checked out some YT videos and it seems to be a known issue, but without codes I'd just be guessing. Don't want to jump to conclusions and assume it's safe or not safe - just hoping this gets cleared up and can have fun with it!

Oh, and yes. I'm fully aware this is going to be a tough job keeping it clean. They didn't go a great job in detail so I'll have to do it myself. Also there was a gap issue (no scratches, or any other damage) on the right rear QP so they'll be fixing that as well.

Old 07-18-2018, 12:49 PM
leftymack

Congratulations on your new car. I just got the GT Premium with 10 speed and PP!. Mine is Magnetic grey. I love it. Hopefully your light is just a minor fix and you will be back to having fun again soon. I have just hit 1,000 miles and I have not had any issues. I got my windows tinted and I hope to get an aftermarket grill.
Old 07-18-2018, 01:38 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

So, what was the check engine light on for?