New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Value if 1st year GT 300 vert

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 10:40 AM
Wife’s 18 GT CONV

Default Value if 1st year GT 300 vert

Recently saw up close in person with hood up and doors open a 2005 GT 300 vert light metallic blue in truly no accident original paint garage work and Home kept condition. You wouldn’t believe the interior. Only projects are engine under hood cleaning , very small stains in rim around spoke on original aluminum wheels at rim outer point where spike meets rim, small not every spoke, and face of rim and edge of rims beautiful with zero curb rash, and some interior cleaning and conditioning it really doesn’t need.

Vert looked very very very good just not excellent , all rubber seals soft, only rear trim piece where top meets trunk showing some spots of looks like water drop stains and limited deterioration , not worth mentioning on a 14 year old perfect car.
1 owner first car of a doctor

i say it’s worth $20000. New OEM or OEM like top $22000. Only worth replacing fir coloration only , probably functional and and not leaking

I’m thinking someone tried to condition this very top at some point for no reason andvthey sort of locked in some dirt instead of flushing it with hose nozzle force and light brushing. Agsin not really worth mentioning.
1st year re design premium performance package vert in excellent condition

what is premium value of car

Last edited by Wife’s 18 GT CONV; 07-30-2018 at 10:45 AM.
Old 07-30-2018, 01:28 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

22K for a 2005 vert? Nope, not even close.

Go to KBB.com to get the blue book. Even fully loaded and in excellent condition, high end private party is about half that.
Old 07-30-2018, 02:13 PM
08'MustangDude
Banned

Amazing people think their cars are worth something. You forget, the MUSTANG
is Ford's highest selling car, hence the reason they are keeping it with their decision
to cut car sales of other models, and stick with the Stang, a Focus car, and their
trucks.
https://techcrunch.com/2018/04/25/fo...-focus-active/

Edmunds and KBB will let you know what it's worth, if your honest when inputting
the parameters...
Old 07-30-2018, 02:27 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

I get the thinking for a stock, clean car with a legendary name that the average non-car person looks at. It happens with Mustangs, Camaros, Vettes and other high volume performance cars that have that attribute or association.

It's the wannabe gearheads that have a crap ton of mods that they PAID to have installed on their cars and expect to sell it for what they put into it that really kills me Or worse yet, the dealerships that try to pitch it.
Old 07-30-2018, 03:37 PM
08'MustangDude
Banned

Any time I trade a car in, they tell me to take the mods OUT. They don't want them,
nor to they want the responsibility with them. I also like when people put in that
they just did all this work to it with their sales pitch. Well, yeah, in order to keep it
safe for the road, you HAVE to to all that work, now you want rewarded for it? Sure,
you can say all that with a fair price, and people be like, cool. Or, you get the ones
that say all that and add those repair costs to the value, then you're like, stupid....

I sold an HHR for $1200, and included $600 in parts. I didn't sell it for $1800 and
say all hey look at all this stuff you get. I don't like that, so I don't do it. No, I
said $1200, and you get all these parts. Plus, I had just spent $380 on new tires,
and $250+ on a new rad and fan assembly, and new upper hoses, $120; front LCAs.
Oh, and $75 for a bumper cover. I also left the CB radio in it, and the JL Audio
speakers... The thing had 170,000 miles on it. Oh, yeah, and had paid for a new
clutch kit and installation. I put in new lift gate ball studs, new lift shocks, and a new
gate release button, catch can, fuel line repair, new LH door handle...

I sold it with all these NEW parts in boxes: all four wheel bearings, front struts, rear shocks,
tie rod ends, front end links, serpentine belt, seat covers, K&N oil filter, and 5-quarts of oil.

In fact, I had just gone to Ohio four days prior to pick up the shocks and struts. I just wanted
the car gone, I hated it... I started at $2000, and no one bit till $1500, then it sold immediately
at $1200. I am a courier, and I got my moneys worth, trust me. I put over 30,000 miles on it in
a year. $1700 paid out in parts and repairs, paid $2000 for the car, and a total of $4013.38 paid
out, with the price of the vehicle, with the parts, mods, and repairs, and I dumped it for $1200...
I had JUST put the lower control arms on, and had to burn one out.

Why I hated it? CRAMPED interior, and shifting was a chore. The seats had the arm rests, and
the passenger arm rest, when down, is in the way of just about everything at the center console.
Even with the driver side arm rest down, it was in the way of effortless shifting. You can't even
get to the ER brake handle with the passenger seat arm-rest down...

I hit a deer with my primary car, and needed one for work, immediately. So, the best I could do
was the '06 HHR. If I could have found an extension for the shifter, I may have kept it. As said,
even the driver seat arm-rest was in the way... Terrible interior design. P.T. Cruiser was probably
worse...

WELL, that got long....

Last edited by 08'MustangDude; 07-30-2018 at 03:40 PM.
Old 07-30-2018, 04:39 PM
JimC

Originally Posted by Wife’s 18 GT CONV
a 2005 GT 300
Ford never produced anything called a "GT300" , and the Shelby GT500 didn't come out until the 2007 model year. So my guess is that this is simply a GT that someone put a stripe kit on and labeled it "GT300". Nothing special and worth no more than any 2005 Mustang in similar condition.
Old 07-30-2018, 05:46 PM
08'MustangDude
Banned

Well, yeah, besides the fact there is no such thing s a GT300.

Was one seen here too:
https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-for...gt-300.676425/

For that much, then I have the Mirror Universe ISS Hood limited edition....

Saw a GT300 body kit for a ford something or other, and it was not a mustang...
Old 07-31-2018, 02:07 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by 08'MustangDude
Any time I trade a car in, they tell me to take the mods OUT. They don't want them,
nor to they want the responsibility with them. I also like when people put in that
they just did all this work to it with their sales pitch. Well, yeah, in order to keep it
safe for the road, you HAVE to to all that work, now you want rewarded for it? Sure,
you can say all that with a fair price, and people be like, cool. Or, you get the ones
that say all that and add those repair costs to the value, then you're like, stupid....

I sold an HHR for $1200, and included $600 in parts. I didn't sell it for $1800 and
say all hey look at all this stuff you get. I don't like that, so I don't do it. No, I
said $1200, and you get all these parts. Plus, I had just spent $380 on new tires,
and $250+ on a new rad and fan assembly, and new upper hoses, $120; front LCAs.
Oh, and $75 for a bumper cover. I also left the CB radio in it, and the JL Audio
speakers... The thing had 170,000 miles on it. Oh, yeah, and had paid for a new
clutch kit and installation. I put in new lift gate ball studs, new lift shocks, and a new
gate release button, catch can, fuel line repair, new LH door handle...

I sold it with all these NEW parts in boxes: all four wheel bearings, front struts, rear shocks,
tie rod ends, front end links, serpentine belt, seat covers, K&N oil filter, and 5-quarts of oil.

In fact, I had just gone to Ohio four days prior to pick up the shocks and struts. I just wanted
the car gone, I hated it... I started at $2000, and no one bit till $1500, then it sold immediately
at $1200. I am a courier, and I got my moneys worth, trust me. I put over 30,000 miles on it in
a year. $1700 paid out in parts and repairs, paid $2000 for the car, and a total of $4013.38 paid
out, with the price of the vehicle, with the parts, mods, and repairs, and I dumped it for $1200...
I had JUST put the lower control arms on, and had to burn one out.

Why I hated it? CRAMPED interior, and shifting was a chore. The seats had the arm rests, and
the passenger arm rest, when down, is in the way of just about everything at the center console.
Even with the driver side arm rest down, it was in the way of effortless shifting. You can't even
get to the ER brake handle with the passenger seat arm-rest down...

I hit a deer with my primary car, and needed one for work, immediately. So, the best I could do
was the '06 HHR. If I could have found an extension for the shifter, I may have kept it. As said,
even the driver seat arm-rest was in the way... Terrible interior design. P.T. Cruiser was probably
worse...

WELL, that got long....
HHR?? Seriously? Idda held out for something else, PT Cruisers and HHRs :P

That's what I did when I sold my V6 00 Stang before I got my 08, did some stuff that I knew had to be done to it (new brakes, tune up, clutch and rear tires). Then I also included a bunch of other parts I had acquired/compiled for it (CAI, filters, repair books, etc), then I set a killer price for it and posted on craigslist. $3500 2000 V6 in immaculate condition, no accidents and low miles (85,000).

Within a couple of hours I had three contacts. One was already trying to wheel-n-deal without even looking at the car. Told him thanks but no. The other two came and test drove. First one immediately started talking about how he was just starting a family, yadda yadda etc. I knew where he was going with it. Offered me $500 less than the $3,500 I was asking. On top of that he said he would have to make payments. Nope. Third guy, drove it like he stole it and gave me a deposit of $500 to hold the car for him while he got the rest. Called me that evening and met him at a local Title shop for the rest of it and the paper work.

He had bought it for his nephew. Anyways, in 2013 my parents got a strange letter from some impound yard asking about if they were interested in buying the car (it was originally registerd in Cali when I lived my parents). I called the number they gave me from the letter. Turns out the car had been impounded in Modesto CA for parking violations. The registered owner didn't claim it in the 120 days allotted so they were getting ready to auction it. I don't recall if it was by law or by their own process that they contacted any previous owners within the state to inform them and give them the opportunity to pay the fees and basically buy the car back. Fees were like $900 or $1,000. Anyways, nope.

Old 07-31-2018, 02:55 PM
08'MustangDude
Banned

It was either HHR, or no work, then fired for not being able to run, or RENT, and I was
not doing that. I had three days to find something for $2000, around there. I called
people, emailed people, and I just could not get replies.... I don't know why people put
stuff up for sale if they're not going to reply... Craigslist is notorious for that, that place
is laced with A-holes, and I avoid buying from there unless it is an emergency. I hit
the deer just before winter, and I got the check from the insurance company, bought all
the parts to repair it, then the COLD came. So, I ended up using the HHR all winter into
mid spring while the '15 TSI sat all banged up, though 100% driveable.

Also, could not find anything reliable in a lot for what I had on hand, and I was not
financing something I was not going to use.

I have hit three deer, and repaired the vehicles myself for about 40 cents on the dollar.
Hell, the first time was $2800 damages, I got the parts for ~$420; BANKED the reset.
2nd and 3rd time, same thing, in fact, the parts from the last hit are in the attic, so I
am driving a '15 TSI with a dented hood, slightly crooked grille, and slightly sagging
headlamp, but it drives. ALL that money I saved (banked), bought the '08 Mustang, so
I basically got it for free, so I can run the **** out of it... THEN now, a friggin' 2012
pops up for $5400 with the 3.7 V6... He started that one at $9200, and has dropped
it four times to $5400. Says it an "R" title for a minor front end collision. Well, the
carfax on mine shows a minor front end collision, and it's not an "R" title, and the
condenser is a little damaged, and I can see what was replaced. Once you delcare
a car a total loss, it's salvage, and you can buy it back from the insurance company.

In PA, once you’ve repaired your salvaged car to meet state requirements, you need an
enhanced safety inspection. Once your car passes, the inspector will take photographs
of the vehicle. You need those to apply for a Reconstructed car title. So, that 2012, he had
to have bought it "R" titled, or he's lying about the MINOR damage and got it "R" titled
after declared a total loss, and bought it back. SOMEONE did... Most of the time it's
not even worth the hassle. PA sucks... SO, yeah, he's not telling the full truth about the
car, hence it going down four times from 9200, to 5400. Looks nice, can see a small
portion of the hood, very front, pushed down a little... Still, $5400 for the 3.7, 305 HP,
and a tuner, yeah, would be nice...