New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

08 Mustang V6 to V8 swap help

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 01:30 PM
Katreno101

Default 08 Mustang V6 to V8 swap help

Hello there, yes I just joined and I look forward to talking to fellow Mustang enthusiasts. I'll be honest here as I have little to no knowledge on engine swaps. I need some guidance, resources and ideas. I am a quick learner. I can do simple stuff like spark plugs changes, oil changes, coolant flushes etc. Simple I know. But I really want to do this swap, I will have help locally but I need to know where to start.

I have a v6 engine with 160,000 miles on it with an automatic transmission, no performance mods. About 16 MPG right now. Shes a good girl, runs well but it's time for a new engine. I hve pretty much finished my exterior mods aside from some jack hit and run in the parking lot at work so I have to replace and paint a new rear end. Whatever, and almost dont with the interior as well.

what I'm wanting to do is put a coyote engine cause I get them at cost. I have no clue what Coyote fits, I'd love a 32 Valve V8, I want to stick with my automatic. I know, I know that sounds lame but we have a lot of ice here and I want to play it safe. I was told I should put a supercharger and cool air intake as well. So right now I'm trying to get a parts lit together and start there.

what brands and types do you guys suggest? Do I need to provide more info? I dont want to hear "better off buying a new car" I live in a family of new car elitists and that takes the joy out of building something that's your own. I have another car, this is my first car and I really want to work on her.
Old 07-30-2018, 06:43 PM
08'MustangDude
Banned

The 23V Coyote will fit, they began putting them into the S197 chassis in 2011.

2013 was the aluminum block Coyote, but 2013 is still S197 Chassis.

The BOSS 302 is called "the road runner" variant. It shares nothing with the others except the
block. All of the internals were upgraded for greater RPMs.

You can even get it built with all the internal goodies, and with a supercharger already
bolted on from Edelbrock

Get an idea of cost and what's needed:
https://www.americanmuscle.com/coyote-engine-swap.html
- your cost on the engine, as you say.,..

Some things need moved around, but the perch for the P/S pump is
already on the passenger strut tower. Here is an '08 with a 32V
Coyote Swap.
Old 07-30-2018, 07:25 PM
JimC

It can be done, you will need to swap wiring etc and the ECU. Your current transmission won't work with it so you need to factor in a new transmission. And a new tune of course. There is a section for motor swaps on here.
Old 08-01-2018, 10:39 PM
Greenbird

Sáng ngày 30/5/2015, trên trang Facebook của một người chơi xe có tiếng ở TP.HCM đã đăng hình ảnh 2 chiếc Ford Mustang và Chevrolet Camaro với màu sắc đặc trưng (màu đỏ của Mustang, vàng của Camaro) và diện mạo bóng bẩy. Cả 2 chiếc xe mới được nhập về từ Mỹ, đã cập cảng và chuẩn bị được chủ nh n đưa về nhà.

Đáng chú ý, 2 chiếc xe cơ bắp xuất hiện lần này đều thuộc phiên bản mới nhất. Chiếc Mustang đỏ có ngoại hình không lẫn vào đ u được của Mustang thế hệ thứ 6, vừa ra mắt lần đầu năm 2013. Trong khi đó, chiếc Camaro thuộc phiên bản SS đời 2015 vừa ra mắt vào 10/2014.

Ở thế hệ mới nhất, Mustang và Camaro đều được giới chuyên môn đánh giá cao. Thiết kế của cả 2 dòng xe này đã đi theo hướng hiện đại nhưng vẫn giữ nguyên tinh thần ban đầu, thể hiện qua các đường nét tổng thể mang tính đặc trưng. Tuy nhiên, khi phải so sánh giữa chúng, dễ dàng nhận ra rằng Camaro mang hơi hướng tương lai nhiều hơn Mustang.

Về mặt sức mạnh, 2 dòng xe này tỏ ra ngang ngửa nhau. Camaro trội hơn Mustang xét về công suất máy, bởi Chevrolet trang bị cho nó động cơ V6 3.6L mạnh 323 mã lực và mô-men xoắn cực đại 376 Nm tại 4.800 vòng/phút. Động cơ Mustang chỉ đạt 305 mã lực tại 6.500 vòng/phút nhưng mô-men xoắn có thể lên đến mức cực đại sớm hơn Camaro: 433 Nm tại 3.000 vòng/phút. Mustang cũng có ưu thế về tiết kiệm nhiên liệu với động cơ EcoBoost I4 2.3L kèm tăng áp.

Tại Mỹ, giá bán tham khảo của Ford Mustang là 25.300 USD, còn ​Chevrolet Camaro có giá khởi điểm từ 24.705 USD. 2 chiếc xe mới này sẽ góp phần làm phong phú thêm lượng xe cơ bắp thể thao ở Việt Nam, vốn trước đ y chỉ có chưa được 20 chiếc.

nguồn: quan ao tre em