New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Might get a 99 GT Monday

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2018, 01:45 PM
ProtekAngu

Default Might get a 99 GT Monday

I took Monday off work so I can drive a Mustang to a mechanic for a once over. The guy I'm buying it from lost his license hence why he is selling it and why I have to drive it with him. So I figured I should get into a forum and get up to speed on this car. I've been looking at youtube video's but I'm sure I can get better information here.

I've always been a GM man but my dad has been Ford so figured I'd give it a try. My first car was an 86 firebird V6 and my second car was a 98 Camaro "RS" V6, I couldn't afford the insurance on a V8 and it's probably best that I didn't have one. I'm 37 now and haven't had a sport's car in over a decade, but this time it won't be my daily rather it's a toy to keep in my garage. I've always loved the looks and sound of the 90's Mustang's and that's what I'm going for. I'm not going for something fast just looks and sound. My plan is to completely redo the suspension because the one I'm looking at just has lowering spring's and I'm sure it wasn't done correctly. Then down the road I might put a supercharger on it with low boost, just looking for 300hp or so.

Here is a picture of the car I'm probably going to get off of Craigslist. He's going to drop the price to $5500. First thing I'm going to get are bumper ties because the front bumper has broken clips. What I like is the color and it has thing's I'd want to do done to it. Wheels, exhaust, tint and a stereo. I'll do coilovers, bump steer and much more suspension work but I'll get info on here for what exactly should be done.