New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Old 06-17-2019, 11:47 AM
Cwiggins

Default New member

I everyone I am new here but have visited the website frequently for answers to simple questions about how to's on my 03 mustang v6 base model. Recently I had a battery fire due to a poor connection. To make a long story short it is a mess! Some of the wires coming off the power distribution harness have been damaged and the end connectors are melted. Power steering reservoir is melted. The oil cap is melted. The windshield washer jug is melted. The battery is melted. The hot cable and ground cable are melted. The fuse block lod is melted but the inside looks fine and underneath looks fine. Many wires coming from.the harness to the accessories are scorched though. The main harness itself looks ok but because of the wire insulation being melted off in many spots, i feel safest to replace it. My Google searches come up pretty empty. I am looking for a power distribution fuse block under the hood WITH the harness still attached if possible ( the harness goes to the fender and branches off to different connectors, I do not need the entire harness that connects to the fuse box inside the car). I may not be saying the right things and that's why my search is not turning up much results. I'm not able to buy new parts and need the least expensive way to get her back on the road. I'm just sick over this happening to my girl. Thanks for any advice or pointing me in the right direction. I'm just a grandma that misses her mustang. Help!
Old 06-17-2019, 11:14 PM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

Have you tried any local wreckers? You should be able to find a v6 mustang and just take the parts you need, they were pretty common cars.
Old 06-18-2019, 09:30 AM
Cwiggins

Yes, I have found a couple of guys parting out a mustang after posting it on Facebook marketplace. Hopefully I can get what I need fairly inexpensively.
Old 06-18-2019, 01:28 PM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

I would think you should be able to find the parts you need for cheap, good luck.