New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Daughters new 1999 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 01:17 PM
swmyers99

Default Daughters new 1999 Mustang

I'm a hard core GM fan, so when my daughter was in the market for a car, the last thing on our minds was a Mustang. She does not even like them. When the salesman came out and told us she didn't qualify for the car she wanted due to her income and the fact that she had virtually no credit we were very disappointed. The salesman then proceeded to tell us that she did qualify for a 1999 Mustang if the "old man" would co-sign. She didn't even want to look at it and I definily did not want to co-sign for a "Ford" let alone a Mustang!
As you could have quessed, the salesman talked us into looking at it. We were standing in the parking lot when they brought it around and my eyes fell out of my head. You must realize that I grew up owning two '69's (an RS and a Z28) and a '70 Camaro and and currently own a 'vette. I have never liked the Mustang body style with a few exceptions, the Shelbys and the brand new ones.
This car blew me away. It has a perfect black paint job with a rear deck spoiler and, I have to admit, it is stunning! It is a five speed with a 3.8L v6 and has plenty of power for her. Although I'm already formulating a plan to drop a V8 into it whe I get it. Oh yeah, it WILL be mine when she is ready for something newer. I can't believe I'm saying this! Anyway, I'm glad I found a forum like this because I'm sure I'm going to have plenty of questions and things to talk about.

By the way, it started to snow while we were at the dealers and the car is currently cover in six inches of new snow, otherwise I would have some pics for my post.

Old 02-12-2006, 06:20 PM
94reds10SS

Default RE: Daughters new 1999 Mustang

hey man i WAS the same way until a friend of mine took me for a ride in his 91? hatch back that picked the front wheels off the ground... since that day i been hooked and am in the market to buy a stang

btw im new to so welcome
Old 02-12-2006, 09:18 PM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

Welcome!!

How can a girl NOT like a mustang?! I love mine, always have. Even though I do love corvettes too.

Hope she enjoys the stang!
Old 02-12-2006, 09:26 PM
angcobra
4th Gear Member

Welcome, I am a GM convert also. Instead of looking to put a V8 in that one, just get another one with a V8 in it, everone needs at least 2.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:33 PM
swmyers99

WHOOOOOOAH! Never said I was a convert!! Just loved this car!! You'll have to pry my cold dead fingers from my 'vette steering wheel!! Two 'stangs in my garage? Inconceivable! You never know though, this is my first experience with a Mustang!!
Old 02-12-2006, 10:55 PM
antiv6
5th Gear Member

trade in the vette for an 03 cobra and youll be set
Old 02-13-2006, 11:01 AM
angcobra
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: swmyers99

WHOOOOOOAH! Never said I was a convert!! Just loved this car!! You'll have to pry my cold dead fingers from my 'vette steering wheel!! Two 'stangs in my garage? Inconceivable! You never know though, this is my first experience with a Mustang!!
That's what I thought too, I had Chevelle, Camaro, Trans Am, and Corvette. Now I have 4 mustangs, 2 GTs, 1 SVO, and 1 Cobra.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:01 PM
SunsokuStang
2nd Gear Member

Welcome and glad to see such a hardcore GM fan buying a mustang for his daughter and soon to be his! Mustangs are a sickness and keep spreding you will have more than 1 and you will see how easy it is to keep up with a vette with a few bolt ons and gears then you will be wanting more glad to have you here and hope to see you around.
Old 02-16-2006, 10:37 AM
britt21
3rd Gear Member

I liked my mustang before I joined this forum, But now I like it alot better knowing theres so many things I could do to it, LOL..
Old 02-16-2006, 10:51 AM
angcobra
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: britt21

I liked my mustang before I joined this forum, But now I like it alot better knowing theres so many things I could do to it, LOL..
For sure 1 thing about it, you can make it 1 of a kind, the way you like it.

Quick Reply: Daughters new 1999 Mustang