News, Updates and Announcements Stop in here to get the latest on MF happenings! Just take a look.

Bad idle problems 😭

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 10:29 PM
Thomas Schneider

Default Bad idle problems 😭

So I知 having idle problems with my 98 Ford Gt has the 4.6l stage 3 American racing cams/ shorty headers/ 73mm BK throttle body/ short throw hurst transmission/ no cats or resignators and single chamber mufflers. Now my car has been driving fine until I recently had to change the TOB and got it done successfully but now I知 having some very weird & bad idle problems when I come to a stop after driving for a while but sometimes it doesn稚 happen when I drive a short time frame. Now I致e checked all my hoses, bolts are tight, and I also have made sure to put some injector cleaner in the tank sense the car was jacked at a tilt for so long due to not time and work lol now when I saw it has bad idle problems I mean it will drop all the way from 1000 to literally the point to wear it wants to cut off and die. Changed battery checked all my wires to the battery. Now some people said to check the fuel filter or pump? Idk I知 lost for my next step
Old 11-13-2018, 06:25 AM
JimC

You will have better luck if you use the forum section for your year car and not this section which is for:

News, Updates and Announcements Stop in here to get the latest on MF happenings! Just take a look.
as it says at the top of the section