News, Updates and Announcements Stop in here to get the latest on MF happenings! Just take a look.

Introducing Infinite Scroll

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 01:53 PM
IB Jason
IB Staff

Default Introducing Infinite Scroll

Introducing a new, simpler way to read MustangForums: Infinite Scroll! Now, instead of needing to click "Next" in a thread to keep reading additional posts, you will see a layout that automatically loads the next page of a thread as you scroll. We've also updated a few other parts of the layout so they remain easily accessible while you read, including access to thread search, a button to jump to the first unread post, and a Quick Reply box that lets you type a reply while scrolling through the thread content.

In tandem with Infinite Scroll, we also rolled out a revised post editor that lets you see your post formatting changes in real time. For example, if you choose to bold your text, the text will appear in bold right in the editor - no need to submit or preview the post to see the change. Keyboard shortcuts like Ctrl + B for bolding are now supported, too. Additionally, the revised editor includes a combined photo and attachment uploader. The forum will know to embed image uploads into your post, and place all non-image files (PDFs, Word docs, etc.) as attachments at the bottom. You can even upload multiple file types at once and the forum will sort them on the fly.

We're happy to answer any questions you may have about the new functionality right here in this thread. If you would like to keep the standard thread view with separate pages, or remove the related threads that appear at a thread's end, head to your User CP's Edit Options page and simply disable “Infinite Scroll” or “Related Threads." Please note that these options only apply to the desktop version of MustangForums
Old 11-15-2018, 02:29 PM
Urambo Tauro
3rd Gear Member

Hate to say it, because I'm sure you worked hard to add this feature, but I will definitely be disabling this.

I kind of like the part where it automatically loads the next page of replies in a long thread, but automatically loading other threads that I may or may not be interested in creates more problems than it solves.

I know that I can disable the "related threads" part of the scroll and keep the good part, but I'm still going to disable the bar anyway, because a floating bar is the worst place for a reply button. It's almost never appropriate to post a reply without having read the other replies first (especially in tech forums!).

The revised editor is nice though. Good work.
Old 11-15-2018, 04:10 PM
IB Jason
IB Staff

We appreciate the feedback! As you noted, we made features like Related Threads optional specifically for folks who may like the infinite scroll behavior, but choose to go about reading the forum with their own routine. in the coming weeks, we'll be adding a couple buttons just above the Related Thread to let you more easily jump right back into the sub-forum or proceed to the next unread thread in that specific sub-forum.

Regarding the Reply button, we also feel that many members won't be replying until they've read the full conversation. But for those instances where someone may want to type a reply while citing other posts in the thread, providing the always accessible Quick Reply button in the bar allows them to do so by overlaying the lower half of the screen with the Reply box, while keeping the upper-half free to scroll through the conversation.
Old 06-14-2020, 11:00 AM
salsalvadorsr

OK... I'm new at this and I feel super stupid!... how do I post my questions and concerns here?...
Old 06-14-2020, 05:46 PM
JimC

Originally Posted by salsalvadorsr
OK... I'm new at this and I feel super stupid!... how do I post my questions and concerns here?...
Go the section you want to post in and start a new thread.

There is a toggle at the top of the section when you go to it that says "new thread"
Old 08-14-2020, 01:25 PM
Wilco Spaan

Dutch owner for over 30 years. Should be ground of restauration. How rare is my T5 ford Koln (mustang). 67 conv. 4spd Lim.slip dif. front disks Beanch seat V8 2barrel silverfrost black int. ?
Old 08-14-2020, 02:15 PM
DHarrington82

Can we get an edit post option in the future? Maybe even a thumbs up/thumbs down?
Old 11-07-2020, 09:52 PM
ashishalex1994

Default Introduction

Hey guys, Ashish here. just 1 car. an S197 (06) daily driven.