North East ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

upstate New York

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 09:28 PM
NYstang
MF Staff Snitch

Default RE: upstate New York

ok, when i get my stuff done, i know where Im goin....

mustang without scoops, a hood, and front bumper will look funny goin down the street[8D]
Old 01-05-2008, 10:20 AM
matt07GT
4th Gear Member

You need to get all of those pieces painted? Did you order custom parts?
Old 01-05-2008, 12:03 PM
NYstang
MF Staff Snitch

if i get this loan, itll get bullitt sidescoops, a new hood for clearance, and the front bumper...well, its cracked and a little digged up from somebody backing into me. might as well replace it, with repros at 100 bucks.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:04 PM
matt07GT
4th Gear Member

NYstang....what year is your Mustang?
Old 01-06-2008, 06:35 PM
NYstang
MF Staff Snitch

Old 01-06-2008, 06:37 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
Old 01-06-2008, 06:55 PM
matt07GT
4th Gear Member

haha.....ok guys serious question here. I have not started the Mustang in over a month...while it sits in my driveway with a car cover and a snow tarp covering it (with 12 bricks holding the tarp on so nothing gets under the car) and the battery in the basement (because I was broke and could not buy a trickle charger at the time). So.....it will be nice out this week. I do not want to drive the car because it is supposed to rain the entire time...but should I take the snow off, covers off, put the battery back in, start it, and let it run for a bit? I did what I did to winterize it...and I am not going completly insane yet from not driving it. Or..should I just let it sit there until March when the weather gets good enough to take her back out? I am just unsure how not starting the car for 3 months will turn out in March.....let me know. Thanks
Old 01-06-2008, 07:02 PM
kngdaka
4th Gear Member

I say lose the bricks, loose the tarp, and get that baby back on the road! Monday and Tuesday are supposed to be clear of rain, rain rolling in on Weds, so you've got a window of time. Worst case...you hit a couple puddles. So, just pull out the hose, give her a nice washdown, and put the tarp back on. But thats just what I think.

I don't know how you guys get through with storing your cars. Being a golfer, I know what its like to go without something I love for months on end, but that doesn't mean I don't shovel off the snow in my backyard, set up the net and practice for an hour when its nice!
Old 01-06-2008, 07:06 PM
matt07GT
4th Gear Member

Well....as a fellow golfer I lost the Mustang and golf......at pretty much the same time. Hell...this time last year I was still playing 9holes a week at Mohawk River. I played until early Feb....and not having the car blows big time. It's depressing seeing it each morning under the giant blue tarp. Makes me want to cry
Old 01-06-2008, 07:15 PM
kngdaka
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: matt07GT

Well....as a fellow golfer I lost the Mustang and golf......at pretty much the same time. Hell...this time last year I was still playing 9holes a week at Mohawk River. I played until early Feb....and not having the car blows big time. It's depressing seeing it each morning under the giant blue tarp. Makes me want to cry
my worst nightmare....

Quick Reply: upstate New York