Obsessive Detail Your source for premier detailing products. We carry Poorboy's World, ClearKote, Optimum, Stoner, Lake Country, and Porter Cable.

Disapointed in the Dura-ball

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 10:45 AM
Nick.Simonds
4th Gear Member

Default Disapointed in the Dura-ball

This has been the only product I have disliked so far. This weekend I pulled out my new Dura-ball to give it a whirl with the Wheel-Seal I bought with it.

First off I like the wheel seal, easy to use and provides a good finish.

The Dura-ball sheds first of all, getting fuzz from the white felt like material everywhere. It is great for getting into those nooks and crannies though. Once I was done, I looked it over and the white material looks to be like it is falling apart. For the record, my rims are all smooth, nothing for the ball to get caught on or rip.

All in all, it does not appear to be very dura-ble...
Old 02-16-2009, 02:10 PM
Juztang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nick.Simonds
This has been the only product I have disliked so far. This weekend I pulled out my new Dura-ball to give it a whirl with the Wheel-Seal I bought with it.

First off I like the wheel seal, easy to use and provides a good finish.

The Dura-ball sheds first of all, getting fuzz from the white felt like material everywhere. It is great for getting into those nooks and crannies though. Once I was done, I looked it over and the white material looks to be like it is falling apart. For the record, my rims are all smooth, nothing for the ball to get caught on or rip.

All in all, it does not appear to be very dura-ble...

I thought you would really like the Wheel Seal, it is a great product for wheels!

As for the Dura-Ball, it does shed which is normal for the type of material that it is made out of. The Mothers Powerball comes apart in chunks and the Dura-Ball sheds. With any type of ball, they will either come apart in chunks or shed. I have found that the Dura-Ball does last a lot longer than the Powerball. Also, after you use it a few times, it won't shed as bad as the first couple of times.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:21 PM
Nick.Simonds
4th Gear Member

Doesn't really look like it would survive like 10-15 times of using it. O well, I will keep in search of a better product.