Obsessive Detail Your source for premier detailing products. We carry Poorboy's World, ClearKote, Optimum, Stoner, Lake Country, and Porter Cable.

Products for Black Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 11:00 PM
ZeroOne GT

Default Products for Black Mustang

I know it has been asked many times before but I am just looking for some up-to-date advice on what products work best on black mustangs with light scratches and swirls. I have been claying and using Meguiars 3 step process by hand with alright results but am looking for something more. I haven't used a buffer before but am willing to try with the PC. I was looking at the PC/Optimum Combo because that seems to be the most popular and most recommened option but what else after the Compound and Polish?

Also are there any detailed guides for using the PC with these products such as what speed to use and pads??

Thanks for all your help!

Chris
Old 10-07-2009, 11:04 AM
Juztang
5th Gear Member

Chris

I highly recommend the Porter Cable/Optimum kit that you are talking about. Using the Porter Cable will take your paint to a new level, it will make a night and day difference.

After you polish with the Optimum Compound and Polish I would then use my OD Wet Glaze, this is really popular with all of my customers, the glaze will add a lot of gloss, depth and wetness to the paint.

After the glaze you want to put on a wax. This really depends on how much you want to spend. I have my OD Wet Wax that is a really popular liquid wax, then I have my high end carnauba paste waxes like my popular Wet Obsession and Dodo Juice Purple Haze or Blue Velvet for black. If you have the extra money to spend, I would go with one of the high end carnaubas, they will look amazing on black.

Check out this site for a ton of useful information on using the Porter Cable plus info on how to correctly break down polishes and so on... This will help you out a lot. Here is the link......http://paintcare-n-detailing.com/

Since you are a member here I offer $10 off the Porter Cable kits and 10% discount off of products and accessories. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

Justin
Old 10-07-2009, 12:20 PM
ZeroOne GT

Great, thanks alot!
I have a question about the glaze. What is the best way to put it on, machine or by hand? Most recommendations I have read say to put the wax on by hand but hadn't see anything about the glaze.

One more question about the microfibers that you carry. The basic description for the All purpose, Ultra premium and the Super Fly see to be that they are all good for drying and buffing off products. Do each of them have a general purpose? Just curious on what the differences are before I purchase.

Thanks for all of you help!

Chris
Old 10-07-2009, 04:10 PM
Juztang
5th Gear Member

I always put on the glaze with the gray finishing pad, you can put it on by hand though.

There is quite a big difference in the towels you mentioned. The All Purpose towel is more for wiping down interiors, engine bay, wheels and so on. The Ultra Premium and Super Fly are thicker and softer, you can use these to dry with and to buff off products with. You can't go wrong with either of those towels, both are very high quality. The Super Fly is 16x24 and the Ultra Premium is 16x16.