argument thread - MustangForums.com

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 10-06-2006, 05:47 PM   #1
tokinGLX
duke of herb

Default argument thread

carburetion>fuel injectedness.

its as easy to tune as it is to turn a screwdriver, less stuff to take a crap on you on race day, it weighs less overall, dont have to buy a whole new injector set to support other mods, and it is a cleaner, much nicer looking engine bay.
tokinGLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 05:49 PM   #2
Acer2428
Site Mod

Default RE: argument thread

Perhaps, but your argument about not having to buy a new one to supposrt mods isn't necessarily true. If you're running a stock 550/600cfm carb and you go FI, you'd want to upgrade.

Not to mention certain injectors, such as those on diesels can be "turned up" with a computer program, which is much easier than P/P or new parts on a carb.
Acer2428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 05:50 PM   #3
randy78045
6th Gear Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: tokinGLX

carburetion>fuel injectedness.

its as easy to tune as it is to turn a screwdriver, less stuff to take a crap on you on race day, it weighs less overall, dont have to buy a whole new injector set to support other mods, and it is a cleaner, much nicer looking engine bay.
I'm not sure i'm gonna agree with you on that one... been fukin with my carb for a long time cuz there's no talent around here that can work with demon carburation... thus, i am learning it myself... but as simple as a screwdriver... nope, dont think so...
randy78045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 05:56 PM   #4
tokinGLX
duke of herb

well, of course youll have to buy a new one (stock was a 600 on my 83) when you go f/i, and even then, its just a carb(that has to be converted to blow thru) and intake manifold.

as well, i know nothing(other than i tried to get one and they tried overcharging the **** out of me) of the bg carbs, and yes there is a lot more to the tuning when you factor in changing jets...but the simple tune that gets done every month takes a couple minutes out of my day
Old 10-06-2006, 05:59 PM   #5
Acer2428
Site Mod

But when comparing similar events...

Big Job: Both have to be replaced
Maintinance: Carb; couple minutes FI; None
Old 10-06-2006, 05:59 PM   #6
Derf00
6th Gear Member

Quote:

well, of course youll have to buy a new one (stock was a 600 on my 83) when you go f/i, and even then, its just a carb(that has to be converted to blow thru) and intake manifold.

as well, i know nothing(other than i tried to get one and they tried overcharging the **** out of me) of the bg carbs, and yes there is a lot more to the tuning when you factor in changing jets...but the simple tune that gets done every month takes a couple minutes out of my day
Injection = No tunning

unless you just have a nack for breaking things or area always playing with your car.
Derf00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 06:03 PM   #7
tokinGLX
duke of herb

how about this one then...

computer gaming ****ing owns consoles, of every sort.

emulators are available that cover every single console released since the commodore 64, and being that computers are backwards compatible, a game release 10 years ago will work on practically every home system today. the new xbox and playstation may be up to computer strength in terms of graphics and computing power, as well as being a dedicated game box, but you still will not be able to patch those games, or mod them like you can with most of todays computer games. console=teh suck
Old 10-06-2006, 06:04 PM   #8
Acer2428
Site Mod

Agreed.

Mouse = much easier than a controller for shooting games.
Old 10-06-2006, 06:05 PM   #9
randy78045
6th Gear Member

Quote:

how about this one then...

computer gaming ****ing owns consoles, of every sort.

emulators are available that cover every single console released since the commodore 64, and being that computers are backwards compatible, a game release 10 years ago will work on practically every home system today. the new xbox and playstation may be up to computer strength in terms of graphics and computing power, as well as being a dedicated game box, but you still will not be able to patch those games, or mod them like you can with most of todays computer games. console=teh suck
Sorry, play my games in the bedroom... dont need puters there.... [8D]
randy78045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 06:05 PM   #10
tokinGLX
duke of herb

oh, im sure i dont have to check the floats every month, and check to see if my idle is where it should be, i just like doing that stuff. in the same aspect that i dont have to wash my car every week, i just prefer to.