teh iPhone pwns all - MustangForums.com

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 07-02-2007, 03:01 PM   #1
Joolander
Lord High Protector

Default teh iPhone pwns all

I touched one

too bad they're sold out...
Joolander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:04 PM   #2
ryanworrell520
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: teh iPhone pwns all

the fact is many stores are not sold out and you can buy them on ebay for retail price some even less. and there are so many flaws and issues with them. most over-hyped gadget EVER
ryanworrell520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:07 PM   #3
99GTvert
is my username.

you can buy them on ebay, but be careful. some may be fakes
99GTvert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:08 PM   #4
Joolander
Lord High Protector

Quote:
ORIGINAL: ryanworrell520

the fact is many stores are not sold out and you can buy them on ebay for retail price some even less. and there are so many flaws and issues with them. most over-hyped gadget EVER
Actually, I think this would be the most over-hyped gadget, since it never even got into production

Anyaway, what issues? I haven't heard anything

I can't buy one now anyway because my contract isn't up with Sprint... and I'm not gonna pay the $200 to break it
Old 07-02-2007, 03:11 PM   #5
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

teh iphone is a perfect example of the high-tech fetish "crowding out" the practical use of such a device. you try to cram everything in one device and a) your probably gonna get a ton of glitches, and b) you put all your eggs in one basket. what if somethings happens to your iphone? your basically ****ed.
AmericanMuscle4.6GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:13 PM   #6
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

Quote:

you don't like having to go through a 6 step process just to dial a call? i thought that was the most innovative thing about the phone!

joolander, just google iphone reviews. some of the reviews actually show the cons. the sites that aren't on apple's payroll that is.
nanaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:14 PM   #7
ryanworrell520
2nd Gear Member

Plenty of people still are unable to activate theirs, we are talking days now people still aren't up and running. turns out you can have a video output like on the video ipods to play movies thru a tv, they made the headphone plug recessed so you cant use any headphones but apple headphones, the bluetooth is crippled so where you can only use it to talk on the phone, no bluetooth sync to pc, no bluetooth file transfers (pc-to-phont or phone-to-phone). No listening to your music thru bluetooth, only calling, ect
Old 07-02-2007, 03:15 PM   #8
s2k
5th Gear Member

I wish i invented google.
s2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:18 PM   #9
ryanworrell520
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: s2k

I wish i invented google.
screw inventing it, i just wish i wouldve bought some of there stock when they went IPO three years aggo. Just saw an announcement they are about to reach $600/share. As of early this year they were up 529% since their IPO three years ago.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:22 PM   #10
Joolander
Lord High Protector

Quote:

Plenty of people still are unable to activate theirs, we are talking days now people still aren't up and running. turns out you can have a video output like on the video ipods to play movies thru a tv, they made the headphone plug recessed so you cant use any headphones but apple headphones, the bluetooth is crippled so where you can only use it to talk on the phone, no bluetooth sync to pc, no bluetooth file transfers (pc-to-phont or phone-to-phone). No listening to your music thru bluetooth, only calling, ect
The only thing that bothers me there is the no bluetooth for music thing, and thats not even important. The phone I use now has th bluetooth for when on the phone only, and I don't care. I'm sure the activation problem will be fixed before I buy one (remember how the xbobx 360's launch got messed up? Well, they fixed it if you couldn't tell)

As for if I lose it or something, It's not like I'm just gonna throw away my iPod and phone I have now...

I looked it up on cnet and they gave it 8.0 out of 10. They gave my phone 6.5