Notices
Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Letter in the mail...

Old 09-30-2009, 05:04 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

Default Letter in the mail...

so I get home from the gym and check my mailbox... to my surprise I get a letter from Roush Industries (I live less than 10 miles away from their main shop)

at first I thought they were just advertising so I almost threw it away but just for kicks I opened it... apparently they want granny gold for 10 days of dyno testing and scoping the 3.9L DOHC V8 LS platform out, the letter wasn't specific and I will inquire as to what they have up their sleeves but I'm starting to think they may be trying to manufacture a roushcharger kit for the LS (again, this is just me assuming)

the LS crowd has been yearning for a turbo/supercharged kit you can buy since they have been out and maybe finally someone is answering the call.... not sure what else roush industries would need a mule car for 10 days of pure testing otherwise, but before I drop it off I will be asking

looks like they are giving me a 2010 foci to tool around in while my cars being beat on... I'm thinking since they already are going to have it on the drums to try and squeeze a free dyno tune out of the deal as well

do keep in mind this small little V8 family car is a driver race with a manual 99-04 PI mustang GT with a few bolt ons, I've already beat a 350Z on the highway by a car or so lol.

I do know they they will have to come up with a open diff for the application unless they plan on shoving an 8.8 into the stock jag pumpkin (it's been done before)... the stock faulty tranny will also have to be assessed (if they plan on roushcharging it)

but all in all I'm pretty excited for granny gold.... even if it's not for developing a supercharger kit at least roush is showing interest in the platform
Old 09-30-2009, 05:06 PM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

Sweet......make the deal if they will agree to put one on for you gratis
Old 09-30-2009, 05:14 PM
5pointslow91
4th Gear Member

please to god dont tell me your avatar is of u?!
Old 09-30-2009, 05:15 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

pretty cool.. hope you get something good out of it /\ I already made that suggestion a few days ago.. or a week ago.. time flys
Old 09-30-2009, 05:16 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Damn, sounds like a win/win deal to me, Morbid. Lucky bastard! Keep this thread updated, man. I dying to know what they have up their sleeve. You may just end up with a hell of a sleeper.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:31 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

well I sent the letter back and we will see what happens.... the only thing I'm thinking that might put a damper is this letter may have been sent to everyone in the surrounding area with a 2nd gen V8 LS... so we will have to wait and see

mine is an 05 with 50K on it.... figure a bit more than half of the people driving them are old and don't want their car taken away, half of the remainder threw the letter away not knowing what the hell roush is and all the rest have major mile LS's... if it's a mass letter I still think my chances are good